Zumba classes are awesome

Options
Zumba Classes are awesome! I just started taking zumba classes and they are awesome. You can lose between 500 - 800 calories in one hour. The best part is the hour passes by so fast. Has anyone else had success with this class?

Replies

• Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I haven't gone to any classes but I did buy the zumba DVD's (I work out at home).. just finished doing a Sculpt and Tone session as a matter of fact. I have been alternating these with Shaun T's Rocking Body workout and love them both. They have kept my interest for over 2 months now.. and they still give me a really good workout. Good luck!
  • martapaiz7
    Options
    Zumba is good for cardio, and that's about it. I don't think it does much for toning purposes.
  • cischo104
    cischo104 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I take Zumba too and it is AMAZING!! Such a fun and great way to get a good workout!! :smile:
  • Shash27
    Shash27 Posts: 172
    Options
    I LOVE ZUMBA!! I think it really depends on the instructor though on how good a workout you get. My normal instructor is SUPER peppy and goes faster and does hard moves that are higher impact than some of the subs she's had :-)
  • Andi_Mo
    Andi_Mo Posts: 243
    Options
    Yes! Just came home from one : ) Been doing Zumba for about 6 months and I'd say it has toned me and is good for cardio but that's my opinion. So much fun! Keep it up! It's so worth it!
  • MINIETA27
    Options
    I had the DVD from long time ago, I really enjoy, it seem like you are party!, plus you burn a lot of calories.

Good Luck!
  • AwesomeMe
    AwesomeMe Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I totally love Zumba classes. The calorie burn is excellent and its a blast. And YES, the time really does fly. I have to remember that I'm not young anymore though. LOL

Bonnie :bigsmile:
  • MINIETA27
    Options
    I have the DVD too, I do workout at home , it easy for my, I did all DVD already! it is really amazing!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I have the DVD and I love it.....
  • Allieballie
    Options
    Yep. Zumba instructor here. I''ve lost 55 lbs on it. :) It rocks!

1292634.png
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Zumba classes are so fun and I can't speak for everyone but if definitely works and tone my mid section which is my trouble area and I love it. Plus I know a lady who has lost 35lbs in 3mnths from doing only Zumba and eating well of course but no other working out!!
  • Hughes39
    Options
    Something new for me to try out?? I've never heard of Zumba before! Where can I get the DVD (s) at?
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    LOVE my zumba class. next week start a second day for twice a week! we have two instructors,one goes hard core crazy and the other is a notch down from that which i can keep up with better.

i disagree about muscle tone...it's not the same as weight training and other resistance training for muscles, however my waist is smaller, my arms are tighter. so there is some benefit :flowerforyou:
  • Kevster75
    Options
    I gave it a shot a few months ago... and couldn't stop laughing...
    I was actually surprised that I broke a sweat... I can see the appeal... and would do it again hehe...
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Zumba is a great workout. One of my high school classmates teaches classes here locally.
  • Andi_Mo
    Andi_Mo Posts: 243
    Options
    Something new for me to try out?? I've never heard of Zumba before! Where can I get the DVD (s) at?

I also have the DVDs .....www.zumba.com and I also do real zumba instructor lead Youtube videos. Try typing in Zumba Hickory, NC. Then create a playlist for like 30 mins. Instant Zumba class. Good luck!
  • kdbell
    Options
    they are amazing! I do zumba then hit the weights by the end of my workout i feel more accomplished then ever! I would love to become an instructor!
  • knmlov2357
    Options
    You can check with your local parks and recs department. I prefer the class over the video because other people motivate me vs videos. Plus it can be a great girls nite out event. I'm one week new in to this website and see that we have both lost the same amount of weight (5lbs!!!) . How long have you been with this site and how is it working for you?
  • Allieballie
    Options
    There is Zumba toning now as well. I teach it to my classes, we use small weights and toning sticks, focus on core exercises and target muscle groups :)