For the Marathon Running Mom...

Options
A post from today on one of my favorite blogs, I could have written this myself that's how true this rings for me.

http://www.rantsfrommommyland.com/2013/07/domestic-enemies-of-marathon-running-mom.html

Replies

• lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! Thank you so much for posting! That was really hilarious and so, so true. Except I did not start running until my kid was 10, so I never had to fight with a jogging stroller, hahaha.
  • AyanaSan
    AyanaSan Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner, but not a Mom.. and I found this HILARIOUS!!! I tried running with a double stroller once, and my hats off to any mother that can!! My shoestring got caught under the wheel and DOWN I went. The look of horror on my niece's faces, I yelled and cursed and they started to cry.. and I wanted to cry. :frown: :frown: :sad: :sad:
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I'm not a Mom and I can relate to most of what she was talking about.
  • TiredMom12
    TiredMom12 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Awesome article. I just started running a year ago and have done a few 5ks and now training for a 10k in October. I have 3 kids and so hard juggling being a mommy, working, wife and runner, but I'm not giving up. The 10k will require a hotel stay b/c the race is very early on a Saturday morning, but hopefully my husband continues to say yes to the plan and we can all get away for a night.
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    My favourite part was the bit about the jogging stroller, oh how I loathe it...