I can't do this!

Options
I'm tearing my hair out, seriously. I'm trying to eat at least 1200 calories from now on because I was eating too little ( around 1000) for months. But, I just can't. I have 484 calories left for dinner and I don't what to do! I'm so d*mn stressed about getting to 1200, I don't even WANT to eat anything. I'm crying right now... over calories. That's how stressed I am. It's KILLING me even thinking about eating more than 1100. I've spent the past hour trying to find something to get me to 1200 calories. Everything I pick up in my pantry has something wrong with it; too few calories, too much sugar, too much sodium, too much fat. I don't know what to do. Please help me.

Replies

• imatoekneegirl1
    Options
    DON'T STRESS OUT SO MUCH! The stress makes it even worse. How many meals a day are you eating? Maybe if you graze more during the day, you can get the extra few calories you need. maybe you can change your foods, like eating regular yoplait instead of the low calorie one. Just start by changing one little thing at a time! Add a trail bar each day for a week or two, then re-evaluate. You can do this! I am going to take my own advice!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Just eat normal foods and all the nurtritional info falls into place, you are over thinking it, just eat.. if I go over on sugar or sodium who cares, I am within my calories.. I have gone over my calories a few times this week and still losing weight this week
  • shnnd19
    shnnd19 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Don't give up, you can do this I have faith in you. I feel the same way, I'm trying to stick w/ 1300 & boy by dinner it seems like I shoulld have left.
  • stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Wow, you have done so fantastic already, 66lbs!!! Is this just a bad day or is it a habit stressing over calories? Just curious...

I always go for peanut butter or almonds when I need to boost the calories...but I usually have the opposite problem cause I love to eat. I am interested to see what responses you get.

Keep up the great work - and try not to stress so much.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I cheated today. Day 1. I quit. Wanna cry. Hate myself.
  • cheche530
    Options
    Girly, I have been there! Be strong. Don't STRESS. It leads to weight gain. BREATHE :) and just make something close in the range worry more about nutritional value not calories. Remember FOOD=FUEL that is all it is. :) MUAH :)
  • Firesign
    Firesign Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Make yourself a nice salad. Salads are always tasty! a bowl of oatmeal is always great. Don't stress so much about eating. The stress will make you sick.....eating should make you healthy not stressed. You must be doing something right ....You've lost 66 pounds . That Fantastic!!!!
  • fmax46
    Options
    I was like that when I started - having to eat more at the end of the day.

Rather than stressing out, just eat what you can and then check out some of the food and nutrition and recipe threads and find things you know you will eat, and plan accordingly. If you find a few things, even if they're low calorie, start on those first as
    staple dinner items and then look to add in more calories earlier on in the day. Also have some healthier, higher calorie snack
    options in that you can eat if you need to up your calories.. type high calorie snacks into the search to find some threads.
  • cheche530
    Options
    Oh goodness! I have been there girl. I have started and failed to many diets it's not even funny. Lets work together. You hop back on the wagon and we will ride together through this. I know its hard. Don't hate yourself. YOU CAN DO IT! Remember FOOD=FUEL thats it. :)
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Stop right where you are and breath! I have never cared at all about anything other than calories and it has worked for me. Also while I was in my "loosing" phase I very rarely got to right at 1200 cals. (like once) More like 1125-1250. If you think too much into this you will fail. If you stick to only counting calories you will not go over much on anything else. If you do.... so what? You are not going to impede your weight loss. Good luck Chin up
    Tiff
  • mrscmm
    mrscmm Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    don't over think it and don't get discouraged. maybe the trick would be to watch just the calories or just the sugar and stop trying to fit everything into every category. Keep at it. You didn't contract this problem in one day and you won't cure it in one day either. Some days you aren't going to make it and some days you will. it gets easier. God Bless...go for a walk and stop thinking about it...there are lots of hours before this day is over.
  • stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Just eat normal foods and all the nurtritional info falls into place, you are over thinking it, just eat.. if I go over on sugar or sodium who cares, I am within my calories.. I have gone over my calories a few times this week and still losing weight this week

That's true, all the advice I heard when I hit a platueu was to mix it up....very good advice, cause I finally started losing again by mixing up the exercise and food intake (I think they refered to it as "tricking the brain/body) RELAX!! RELAX!!
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I'm tearing my hair out, seriously. I'm trying to eat at least 1200 calories from now on because I was eating too little ( around 1000) for months. But, I just can't. I have 484 calories left for dinner and I don't what to do! I'm so d*mn stressed about getting to 1200, I don't even WANT to eat anything. I'm crying right now... over calories. That's how stressed I am. It's KILLING me even thinking about eating more than 1100. I've spent the past hour trying to find something to get me to 1200 calories. Everything I pick up in my pantry has something wrong with it; too few calories, too much sugar, too much sodium, too much fat. I don't know what to do. Please help me.

An apple...80-100 calories. I know it has sugar but natural sugars arent that bad and if you are worried about it then take some cinnamon or pepper pills
  • mrscmm
    mrscmm Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    the two dogs seem to love you so you can't be too bad. keep at it.
  • countrymama08
    Options
    DO you cook? I have a lot of recipes that I can share with you that would meet that goal. You are welcome to look at my diary as I get at LEAST 1200, at least 1400, and many times over.

I can give you any recipe that you want. I think if you are cooking you will find it easier to meet that calorie count. You can use quality foods. I combine some processed food with home cooking since I work full time and have a toddler so you'll see a variety.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    You're not at 1200 calories?
    Have an apple with 2 tbsp of peanut butter. Sprinkle raisens on top.

Stricken the words "I can't" from your vocabulary. Substitute them with "How can I."

You can do it. If you drink milk, use 2% or whole instead of skim. Share your diary and we'd be glad to help more.
  • Tasha1476
    Options
    I cheated today. Day 1. I quit. Wanna cry. Hate myself.

Please don't give up! This is a long journey, and I bet there's not one person on here who hasnt had a bad day... But I gotta tell you, it sounds like you need to get the way you feel about yourself under control before you can make any big physical changes... When you hate yourself, and focus on the despair about how you hate yourself, the added stress could be causing your body to hold on to excess fat.. On top of that, you have to love and respect yourself enough to make it through any weight loss journey, It can be as simple or impossible as you want it to be but caring for yourself is the biggest factor in your success. :D
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Hi Emily:flowerforyou: Do you meditate or do Yoga? That can often really help calm your mind, body and spirit and help ease the stress from your body. Sometimes we just need to not worry about the food so much, I remember your post from yesterday, I believe.

You were terribly worried and stressed out from all this then, a number of other members suggesting perhaps going to talk to someone, did you think abit more on that? This is a bit more than a simple obsession, it can happen to many of us but it's not healthy to keep going this way, you'll only end up eating less and less and make yourself feel crazier.

Your body needs fuel, for your mind to think clearly, this includes fats, healthy carbs, protein etc.
    Please think of talking to someone, a counselor that deals with this type of thing all the time, we can help you only so much here. We can all give you advice but it might not be exactly quite what you need.

I wish I could help you more Hon xo
    {{{{{{Emily}}}}}}}}

Hugs,
    Becca:flowerforyou:
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,184 Member
    Options
    Nevermind about fats, carbs, sugars, sodium etc. You are trying to get your body to ramp up and get your metabolism moving in the right direction. In order to do that you have to eat. Eat every 3-4 hours max. At meal times eat what you are comfortable with. Between the meals you need to snack on something even if you are not hungry. The goal being to get up to the 1200.

Good for you things to up the calories:

banana
    grapes
    nuts of any kind
    raisins
    trail mix
    granola bar
    peanut butter on anything
    cheese
    boiled eggs

You CAN do this. Remove all the items being tracked on your food diary. If you truly can not do this without getting obsessive and anxious you may want to talk to your doctor about it.
  • SabrinaN
    Options
    I've been having the same issue, so your not alone. I try to eat some fruit or veggies to up my calories. Also look at greek yogurt or cottage cheese. I never thought I've have to worry about eating enough calories and I'm sure you can relate. Hang in there and GL. I'm sure you'll find a good balance for yourself.