c-5k

Options
i am doin c-5k and running my first 5k August. Any c-5k peeps out there i would love some support and encouragement.....

Replies

• JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    If you do a search there are a lot of c25k groups. :smile:
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    you can add me! I'm on week 7, and i went from "how am i going to do 6 minutes" to i can't wait to run the whole half hour! (25 mintues today coming up soon!)

My first event is on august 25th and it's a colour run! I'm so excited about it!

good luck!
  • horsepullerlovesme
    horsepullerlovesme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    ok thanx
  • horsepullerlovesme
    Options
    added u!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    you can add me! I'm on week 7, and i went from "how am i going to do 6 minutes" to i can't wait to run the whole half hour! (25 mintues today coming up soon!)

My first event is on august 25th and it's a colour run! I'm so excited about it!

good luck!

I did my first color run in April and it was fun. I have to say that if it's your first 5k this is the best one to do because it's not timed and it's really casual.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I just completed C25K and am RUNNING my first race 8/24. I've done 2 prior, one where I walked most of it and the last one was 2 weeks ago and I ran 2.5 miles of it. I'll be happy to support you as you progress!
  • nolakris
    nolakris Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I did it about two years ago and never looked back. It's an excellent way to start running regularly. :-) Keep going! Running has become a huge part of my life now.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options

good luck!

I did my first color run in April and it was fun. I have to say that if it's your first 5k this is the best one to do because it's not timed and it's really casual.

Awesome. Thanks for the tip ladies!
  • absmith_
    absmith_ Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Just started week 2!! I would love some inspiration! :happy:
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Best of luck ! I did this program last fall & what I found was that getting form week 2 to week 3 was much harder than getting from week 6 to week 7 (so don't let future weeks scare you). The hardest part is at the beginning and then it gets a lot easier -- don't worry about the weeks ahead, just focus on the week you're in.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 3 today and really enjoying running, something I never thought I would like. My first run is a color splash run in September. Feel free to add me and we can support each other.
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I am in week 3 of my second round. I started (August will be) 2 years ago and was up to running 10 miles at a time and got hit with some nasty Planters Fasciitis. After going back and forth and thinking I was healed, and wasn't.

I ended up stopping running altogether. Took about 10-12 months off and now am beginning again.

I love this program and recommend it to everyone I know.

Support is key and there are great groups here and on FB.

You can do it! Stick to the program don't try to do more even when you feel like you could.
  • melissa221979
    melissa221979 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me, ive just completed a plan similar to C25k and just completed, since then ive completed 2 5ks with my first race on sunday. I have gone to being extremly unfit (had a baby 4 months ago) to running further than i ever thought i could! And i want to go on and do more! Good luck x
  • melissa221979
    melissa221979 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me, ive just completed a plan similar to C25k , since then ive completed 2 5ks with my first race on sunday. I have gone to being extremly unfit (had a baby 4 months ago) to running further than i ever thought i could! And i want to go on and do more! Good luck x
  • horsepullerlovesme
    Options
    i added all who said to "feel free to add"... if u would like the support and encouragement feel free to add me!!!! :love:
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3 :wink:
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • Woomytron
    Woomytron Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Me! :smile: Starting week 3 today.
  • bachoat
    bachoat Posts: 24
    Options
    add me :)
  • cfredz
    cfredz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    im also doing it! on week 5 now. I might have stopped for a week and then kept going (couldnt run outside) but i love it! doing my first 5k in aug (aug 31 color run)!