How to track treadmill programs?

Options
Went to the gym this morning and decided to try one of the programs on the treadmill. I did the 'fat burner' preset for 30 mins at 3mph. The treadmill inclines to 13.0 and moves up and down from 10.0 to 13.0 for the 30 mins. Great workout and I felt a good burn. I entered my age, weight and max heart rate to 125 and had at it. The machine said I burned 480 calories. (I held on to the grips the whole time) My question is... how do I write that into the diary and how accurate is that number? I should have used my HRM... Tomorrow I will for sure tho! Any ideas?

Replies

• carbons2k
    carbons2k Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    bump
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Just enter the speed and time as walking and either take the calories MFP gives or adjust to what the treadmill gave.

So you'd choose walking, 3mph, then enter 30 minutes and adjust calories as needed.

Also, even when it's on an incline, you should do your best to not hold onto anything. Even if it doesn't feel like it, you're negating some of the effect of walking on the incline by supporting your weight when you hold on, making it easier to walk on the incline. You'll give yourself a better workout if you don't ever hold on on a treadmill.