Hypoglycemic who forgets to eat

Options
Hello. New here. I am a food forgetter who 'crashes' too often because of not eating regularly (I get focused). Diagnosed with hypoglycemia at age 19, now I'm 52. Been too sedentary as well, and have packed on about 10 extra lb. a year over the past 4 years or so without even trying (I tend to eat high calorie food when I do eat, because it's been cold here and also because of stress).

So, I'm trying to make friends with good food anew, and get better about eating regularly.
And exercise much more often.

I'm not Type A, competitive, or super into this stuff. Just want to achieve a healthier 'normal' for me.

How about you? What is working for you so far? How do you stay on track if you don't have someone to workout with?

Replies

• rwooten666
    rwooten666 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I too forget to eat, but during pregnancy. My first pregnancy I just couldn't feel hunger properly and it's the same this time, but now even if I do remember I'm busy chasing a toddler. Using this app again should help (I hope). I'm actually using it to gain weight, but I've used it in the past between these pregnancies to lose weight. I'm finding it useful to set alarms for every two hours during the day on my phone so I at least remember to snack (we eat whole foods so I can graze all day and be okay).
    What are some of your favorite things to eat?
  • lilcassers
    lilcassers Posts: 163
    Options
    you should start meal prepping in advance. if you don't plan to succeed then you plan to fail!