Thinking about buying a Fitbit....

Options
Anyone have a Fitbit? Love it? Hate it? Can you guys let me know how you use it and how it has benefited your weight loss/healthy lifestyle journeys? Let me know your thoughts.

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    If you do a search- you'll find loads of previous posts on this- also search groups.
  • catolerico
    catolerico Posts: 25
    Options
    I love it and think it's been one of my best fitness investments. It keeps me motivated to get up and move around during the day (I like to see how high I can get my step number) and the integration with MFP makes it easy to track my calorie burn. I just go by the calorie adjustment it gives rather than logging everything I do. I highly recommed it.
  • L_Stradford
    L_Stradford Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Love it! I don't have to log cardio and it makes me want to get up and get moving just to see how many calories I can burn.

Actually, one of my coworkers convinced me to get it. She had gone from 180 to 135 in about 6 months and said that her Fitbit helped her out a lot! I'm with pp though, best health and fitness investment I have made.
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    LOVE mine! Without it I was honestly clueless as to how much energy I burned throughout the day. As it is, it's not perfect since it can't really track my weight-lifting workouts, but between the FitBit and MFP, I was able to figure out my monthly average and I'm pretty good at staying even now!
  • Zaniejane
    Zaniejane Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I've had one for two years. I am wearing it today because I'm not sure if I will exercise and 10000 steps will be my compromise. I wore it yesterday for a 3.5 mile walk and it actually recorded the same distance and calorie burn as a running app with GPS on my phone.
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I love mine. Its been 2 months and I have lost 11-12 lbs with it. Mainly because I move more and I understand how many cals I burn and I eat at least 500 cals less than that amount.

Best weight loss tool I have used EVER!
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    I love mine! I went with the Zip because I have an iPhone4 and the Flex isn't compatible. As an added bonus, it was significantly cheaper. It helps me to push myself to move more and burn more calories. I definitely recommend it.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Have you looked at the Bodymedia Fit- more accurate than Fitbit.
  • hdtracy
    hdtracy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love it because it really simplified figuring out what my calorie deficit should be. I can see that on average, I burn about 2,000 calories a day just doing my normal thing, so if I want a 500 calorie deficit, I just set my net to 1500. Easy peasy! lol. Plus yeah, it's strangely motivating and addicting, even though I'm not sure why I get so excited when I have all my little lights lit up! (I've got the Flex). I had the One before, and it was great too, but for what I use it for, I MUCH prefer the Flex :)
  • leebee63
    leebee63 Posts: 4
    Options
    I must be behind times. So what is a Fitbit? :frown:
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I got one thinking it'd be the best thing since sliced bread. Not so much since all of my workouts are circuit training and rowing. It's nice to see how many steps I take in a day but since it bases calorie burn on steps/elevation change, it's not accurate for what I do. I love my Polar heart rate monitor and find it a much better investment than the FitBit.
  • Hoodie16
    Hoodie16 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Get a BodyMedia Fit Link instead of a fitbit. It does a lot more stuff.
  • VincitQuiSeVincit
    VincitQuiSeVincit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I have the UP by Jawbone bracelet.
    It's similar, it does a little bit more and I personally like it better.
    I think it's a wonderful tool. I set mine to vibrate after 45 minutes of inactivity (I have a desk job) to remind myself to get up and take a walk.
  • shaleyn
    shaleyn Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit One and love love love it.
  • kchang77
    kchang77 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!
  • BobOki
    BobOki Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have multiple Fitbit products and LOVE them all. Feel free to look back at my post history and you will see some of my comments and trials in the past on mine. I have accidentally washed and dried mine, took it through a mud run, and still it kept on ticking. I finally broke the battery somehow and Fitbit replaced it right away. Actually just got it in the other day and it as well is working great.

Before the One I had the Ultra and loved it too. I also have the Aria, and it is a GREAT scale. Awesome company love em!
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit One and I love it!. I like that it syncs wirelessly to my phone and to MFP so I stay motivated throughout the day. It's a really helpful tool for me.
  • leebee63
    leebee63 Posts: 4
    Options
    I must be behind times. So what is a Fitbit? :frown:
    Ok, I know now. I had Body-Media - still have it but haven't renewed.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Get a BodyMedia Fit Link instead of a fitbit. It does a lot more stuff.

If the BodyMedia was small could be worn like the Fitbit and also had a free site I would consider it. As it is, the size alone is a dealbreaker for me. I need something that can be worn without being visible to others. I don't want anything big & bulky showng through my clothes either.

I don't have one yet but the Fitbit came out on top when I researched. While it doesn't track other exercise it still does more, better, than the other, similar trackers. For someone who does not care if it shows or if they have to pay to access a website, the BodyMedia may be a better choice.
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I got one thinking it'd be the best thing since sliced bread. Not so much since all of my workouts are circuit training and rowing. It's nice to see how many steps I take in a day but since it bases calorie burn on steps/elevation change, it's not accurate for what I do. I love my Polar heart rate monitor and find it a much better investment than the FitBit.

I use my Polar HRM when burning cals at the gym or other non stepped based activity. The fitbit gets used for everything else. For me, this is the best pairing. I can sit on my butt all day or I can be running all over town. The fitbit is a great tool for figuring out cals burned for the rest of the day.