Daily weighers; How much weight do you gain..

Options
Hey, I am a recovering restrictorso weighing daily is something I will probably always do.
I was wondering on average how much weight do you gain after a day of eating? And how much of it do you lose by the morning?
I know I shouldn't be worrying about the number, and some people may think I'm small enough but I'm just curious and would like to know c=
Thank you.

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    I've seen it fluctuate 11 lbs before.

So yeah, at this point, if your pic is accurate.. you shouldn't freak out over a scale. :)
  • D_Journey
    D_Journey Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I can vary about 5 lbs over the course of a day...Eating/drinking/water retention from a salty meal...etc. They all factor, just make sure to keep an chart so you can monitor your average over weeks/months, rather than getting attached to the emotions from a daily weigh in.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Over the course of the day, my weight fluctuates about 3-5 pounds. By morning, though, I'll be back to my "normal" weight unless I've lost weight.
  • RachelBiancaxx
    RachelBiancaxx Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My weight fluctuates about 2-3lbs throughout the day. But no gain from morning to morning.
  • carrieo888
    carrieo888 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I generally fluctuate 2-5 lbs. I use this data to determine whether I've hydrated enough. If I've had enough water in a day, I will lose about 2 lbs overnight. If I lose less than that, I know I didn't drink enough water, and I make sure to increase.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I fluctuate as much as 5 lbs between morning / evening, gain usually around a pound or 2 after an evening out (more if I have been eating a lot of salt..nachos, crackers etc.) sometimes its gone by morning but mostly not. My body seems to know when it's "weigh day" and that's normally when I am at my lowest, unless of course i was out the night before.

In terms of weighing every day, I would suggest that if the fluctuations bother you it probably is not a good thing. For me it's a curiosity thing and I don't let it affect my moods at all. I don't even track 'gains' because I know that if I continue to eat at a deficit (which I do) I will eventually even off at a lower spot than where I was. I 'officially weigh once a week. If I am down I will record it, if not I wait for the next time that the scale is lower than it was before and I take that number. I have never gone more than 3 weeks without coming back down lower than I was the last time I weighed so as long as the pattern holds I don't worry about the 'extra' pounds because they are just normal fluctuations.
  • kkveggie
    kkveggie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, multiple times a day. I am around my goal weight so it's not really to see if I'm losing; I just think it is interesting to see how it fluctuates (especially after I've just eaten a big meal haha). I usually change anywhere from 2-5 lbs from the morning to the evening.
  • LeviLeDoux
    LeviLeDoux Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I tend to fluctuate about 2-3 pounds throughout the day. :smile:
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning but have weighed in the evening on occasion out of curiosity. I think I "gain" between 2-4 lbs most days and "lose" 2-4 over night.
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    It can fluctuate 5-7 pounds, and this is why I only step on the scale first thing in the morning!
  • Vorenus85
    Vorenus85 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    If my sodium intake is within reason, my daily fluctuations are anywhere from 3-5 pounds. In the morning I'm usually back to within a pound or pound and a half of my last recorded weight.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'm maintaining and I fluctuate all over the place during the day and 3-5 Lbs day to day. I have a floor of around 180ish and a ceiling of 185. I'm usually close to my ceiling on Monday morning and close to my floor on Saturday mornings.
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    my "official" weigh day is a Friday morning, nekid, fust thing in the morning after a pee. However, I also weigh every night and the weight fluctuates every day from 2-5 lbs. I record the night time weight on a chart and I can see the trend and I can also look backwards to see what I weighed last week on the same day. Initially it freaked me out to see the upward swings and I had to remind myself to keep chilled, now I find it fascinating and rewarding..I do it out of interest :-)
  • WannabeStressFree
    WannabeStressFree Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    This is a great post! I fluctuate 5 lbs during the day, less if I'm eating less salty foods and sugar. On a pig-out day, I can go up to 10 lbs, then lose them over 2-3 days of eating better. I'm not bothered by it, I weigh myself everyday.
    My weigh-in day is Tuesday morning, so I try to eat clean on Monday at least to bring my weight to non-bloat level.
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I think the biggest was about 7lb after I had a Chinese meal one night - I can only guess how much sodium was in that baby!

Usually about 2lb or so from day to day, up or down.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I have fluctuated up to 7lb in one day based on poor eating, high sodium and a variety of other details. It usually drops again within a few days.
  • lucypeaks
    lucypeaks Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    usually about 2 or 3 lbs, but at that time of the month i have found it can be around 5lbs! a few days later i'm back to the weight i know i should be :)
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I've recently been weighing morning and evening just to track the variance. I can literally fluctuate 8-10 LBs per day. Usually I lose 3-5 overnight.
  • jimmyc1702
    Options
    About 3-4 lbs for me..
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Last week I weighed myself in the morning and was 172lbs. I weighed myself after I ate dinner and drank a bunch of water, I was 180lbs. Lol! Crazy.