i'm always hungry

Options
Hi I always feel hungry so I think it could be that I'm not picking wrong snacks. Do you have any suggestions on snacks that keep you feeling full untill your next meal? Or other suggestions on what could be causing me to be hungry all the time? I'm hungry as im typing this question. Thanks for any help.

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    1. Make sure you're getting enough calories for your activity level. A lot of people cut their calories too low and then don't understand why they're hungry.
    2. Focus on getting more protein, fats, and fiber into your diet. These help us stay full and satisfied longer.
    3. Drink plenty of fluids.
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    More protein. I just took a look at your diary. Eat protein for breakfast instead of carbs, and make sure you have plenty of protein throughout the day. It's amazing how full you can start to feel when you simply replace carb calories with protein calories. :)
  • lilliangaia
    Options
    I'm the same way and working on it. I find I like air popped popcorn as a snack, because I can get more for the calories, it has fiber, and it satisfies more my mental need to munch on something rather than my physical need eat something. A cup of air popped unseasoned ranges from 25 to 30 or so calories and can be made put into little baggies to take to go. Also drinking more water has helped me cut the edge off. I find a glass before a meal, helps me from going nuts, and then if I really and going snack crazy in between meals, I try to drink water to kinda take the edge off.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    When I feel hungry, first I have a glass of water ...... and then one or two of these snacks:

Raw veggies
    Hummus
    Low-fat cottage cheese
    Cheesestick
    Fruit
    Almonds, walnuts or pistachios
    Low-fat yogurt with no-sugar-added jelly
    Almond butter
    Reduced-fat crackers
    Slice of low-sodium deli turkey breast or roast beef

Good luck :drinker:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Definitely protein and healthy fats - both are very filling. Don't be afraid to go over the protein limit - they set you at the standard daily recommendation, not the daily max. For active people somehwhere around 0.8 grams per 1 pound of weight is a more reasonable goal. Lean meats, nuts, seeds, nut butter, etc. Most of these things are high calorie but it works out in the end because they'll stick with you longer. 200 calories of chicken will last longer than 200 calories of bread.

Make sure your weekly weight loss goal is correct. With only 13 pounds left until you hit goal, 1/2 a pound a week is very healthy and reasonable and setting that goal lower will likely give you more calories if you're set at 1 pound or more per week.

Make sure your activity level is correct. Most people are set at sedentary but they're really quite active outside of work. And of course eat back all your exercise calories.

Good luck!
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Eat a balanced breakfast with protein, fat, and carbs. Eat more protein packed snacks like greek yogurt or cheese sticks. Snack on raw veggies like celery or cucumber when you just need to munch.

Also, realize that there are levels of hunger that are okay. Your body doesn't need to eat every time it is a little bit hungry.
  • mish24canada
    mish24canada Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    thanks you guys are the best i wll try your suggestions