Small victory

Options
When I was a young lad (many years ago now), I wore size 32 pants. When I hit 30. that went to a 34. At 40, it was 36. At 50, the 36s were getting tight enough that some of them could no longer be buttoned.

Sigh.

Recently, my office started a program where we could save $480 on our health insurance, and all I had to do was track my food and exercise intake for 8 weeks. I started about 6 weeks ago.

That was when I found this site. Since then, I have been actually thinking about what I eat and cutting out the fast food and doughnuts (ok ... maybe not ALL the doughnuts) to stay close to my weight loss calorie target for losing 1 pound per week.

Now my pants fit again, and they are actually almost too big ... to where I need a belt to keep them up. I just went to the next smaller hole in my belt.

I may have to start looking for size 34 pants again!

Thanks MFP!

Replies

• hollyyy92
    hollyyy92 Posts: 20
    Options
    Well done x
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Nice! My question is - will you stick with this even after your required 8 weeks for the discount?
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Way to go!

After I started to track my cals I realized I had been lying to myself about my eating habits for a very long time.
  • Chris_Curl
    Options
    Thanks folks! Kelli, think I probably will stick with it. I have wanted to get to under 200 lbs for a while now. Now that I have started going that direction, I have a good incentive to keep it up.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!