Calories added from workout

Options
So, I was hoping to get some extra cals, but it added 243 for doing 30 minutes of circuit training! Is this for real?! So, I get to eat more before the end of the day? It seems too good to be true....am I supposed to end up with a surplus or can I use them all??
Does anyone know?

Thanks!
libragirl

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Welcome, ready all the newbie stickys in the forums, all these answers and more are explained
  • authentic1
    authentic1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I believe that the calorie goal, before the workout added in, is the minimum for basic nutrition, leading you towards the goal you decided on at the rate you chose. Exercise just gets you there faster. I think this website is implying that you could eat those extra calories you burned and still be on track.
    I like to 'bank' them, assuming that there will be days that I'm not as 'on track' as others.
  • johnthefatman
    Options
    In theory you can eat them and still loose at your target rate note that

Unless you use a heart rate monitor it is hard to be accurate (one person's vigorous exercise is another person's warm up)

If you have a lot to loose your daily calorie target will be high and you can undershoot safely BUT

If you're daily allowance is low then NOT eating all calories including exercise calories can be a problem as the body will stop loosing weight if you don't eat enough.

We're all different -
  • embokj
    Options
    Adding in the exercise calories expended gives you the overall calorie deficit - remember, if you're trying to drop 1 lbs per week, you need to burn 3500 calories (+/-). If you have the diet to maintain your current weight and use the exercise to create the deficit, you'll go down, depending on how many calories you burn. Be careful not to create to large of a deficit or your body will go into conservation mode and you'll stall!!!