College kids!? Need a shed a few before school!

Options
Hey you guys!
So I had an account on here last summer and everything was going GREAT. I had a great support system and I was gaining self-control while losing the pounds. In total I lost around 15-20 pounds. I had never felt better in my life! Then school started... I started suffering from some depression problems so I inexplicably deleted my entire account and starting gaining the weight again, fast. Now, it's a new summer and I'm ready for a change! Also, college is just on the horizon! I always wanted to lose a chunk of weight before my fresh start. Help me out guys!
I promise I'll give all my love and support right back! (:

(btw I'm trying to lose about 30)

Replies

• lebear94
    lebear94 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I went through the exact same situation. At the beginning of first semester, I lost 20 pounds. It was the best I had felt in my body ever. Then depression hit along with school and other stresses. Over the year I gained it all back and more. As I was struggling through I got more ridicule and judgement for my "weight loss obsession" than support so I eventually gave up. Now that I've had more time to focus on myself over the summer I've lost 15 lbs so far, but I still hoping I can get myself back to exactly where I was last August. I have about a month and a half to hopefully lose 10 - 15 lbs. How are you doing so far?

SW : 230
    CW: 216
    GW: 180 by December
  • ravensfitnessjourney
    ravensfitnessjourney Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Senior in college this coming semester! My name is Raven and I am 22. Anyone feel free to add me :)
  • puckit61
    puckit61 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I can relate! I took a nutrition class fall semester of last year and we had to change a bad habit of ours. I downloaded MFP, lost ten pounds but as soon I completed the assignment I wanted to enjoy food again. So I ate whatever I wanted to, as much as I wanted to, guilt free. Quickly I gained back the ten pounds, and then a few more. This time I changed because I wanted to. I've lost 37 pounds since last spring semester. Since I'm transferring to a university instead of community college, I'm in for some challenges! It will be a complete change but I'm determined to make it keep working!

Feel free to add me! (or anyone else who chooses to!)
  • Lake371
    Lake371 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi all,

I am 22 and going into my final year of college. I am a student athlete, I play on the women's ice hockey team. I am looking to lose 10-15 lbs before school begins to be in the best shape possibly for the upcoming season! I am also training for a half marathon this summer. I log daily and I am also looking for more college aged MFP friends.

Feel free to check out my profile and diary as well!
  • adiaofthewaves
    Options
    Hey! I'm a senior in college (currently taking time off, though) and wanting to lose about 30 more pounds for general health and fitness. Anybody can feel free to add me, I'm trying to be more active here and supportive, active friends on MFP will help! :) I'll add everyone above me.
  • elifglasgow
    Options
    Hey,

I'm not in college any more, but not long left it, so feel free to add me. Finished med school 2009 and the crazy work shift pattern has caused havoc with my fitness, weight and general health. Time to get it sorted,

Add me :)
  • itsgoaltime
    Options
    Pretty much the same exact story here! Just sent you a request!
  • jannethmarie
    Options
    I'm 22 in my junior year of college. Looking to lose a couple pounds before I go back to school in the fall :) Sent you all requests. Anyone can feel free to add me!
  • maddymartinec
    Options
    Hey! I'll be a sophomore in college in the fall, and I'm trying to lose some weight as well; add me if you want :)
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I'm not a kid, I'm 31 years old. Lol! I had lost 50lbs before school started, but I gained back 31 pounds the past two semesters. Horrible... Since my last day of spring semester (May 2nd) I've lost a total of 15lbs so far. I would like to lose the extra 16 before classes start again, but I'm not sure if that's realistic or not. We shall see...
  • amoymh
    amoymh Posts: 44
    Options
    i'm right there with you, I'm going into my third year of university and EVERY year thus far I have gained 15 pounds then lost it in the summer but not anymore. This time I'm losing it all plus 25 more and keeping it off for life. Im sick and tired of having no energy to exercise, eat healthy and do school work much less! So lets get it done, Added!!
  • Smurftastic
    Smurftastic Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 22 and in my 6th year of college. I'm trying to lose those last 10lbs. Feel free to add me anyone.
  • xblinkiiix
    xblinkiiix Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone for all of your responses! :D It's good to know that there are other people who are in the same position as me! I just recently took a trip to San Francisco where I ate HORRIBLY but now I'm back home and ready to actually start and get on track!

Thanks to everyone who added me and I requested those who didn't!
  • queencelina
    queencelina Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    AHH COLLEGE!
    I'm 21 going on my last semester of college in the fall!!!

The hectic college life totally made me lazy and now i'm back! Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me!
  • Dixiechick93
    Options
    I'm 19 and am starting college in August. I totally hear you there. I went through a similar situation. I'll definitely add you!
  • thenoxus1
    thenoxus1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. There's plenty of support on here for you. Plus lots of us are college aged and understand the struggle that is on campus eating!
  • ao1088
    ao1088 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Im finishing up grad school and working really hard to get back to my undergrad weight! Please anyone feel free to add me!
  • Kassidi21
    Kassidi21 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm going into my Junior year of school! =) Majoring in Elementary Education, feel free to add me! I'm almost always one and love supporting/getting support haha =)
  • daniellexcara
    daniellexcara Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    20 years old, going into my junior year of college

CW: 142
    GW: 120

anyone can add me/view my diary :)
  • ArtLover26207
    Options
    I'm 25 going into my senior year of college this coming fall and also want to lose the weight. 2010 was a rough year because my mom was diagnosed with Stage 4 lymphoma and I was told (by her) to stay in school and to not worry. Well of course I did one of the two things she asked me. I worried. A lot. Especially going to college in a different state than where she was. I lost a few pounds during that time, but was socially drinking more than I probably should have been (never over the top black out drunk). She is in remission now (YAY) and my fiance and I just got an apartment and since living together I have gained 14lbs. I want to lose that plus more come graduation.
    I think I need serious motivation in the exercise department because nutritionally I can do well. Its getting off my butt and the computer and going to use the gym that I am paying thousands of dollars to be able to use. I am very strong and have more muscle definition than most girls, so I am not looking at being super skinny--but I would like to be more toned and lose the belly :)

SW: 256
    CW:240
    GW: 165

Anyone feel free to add me too!