lolo Burn for iPhone

Options
Hi all,

Has anyone else tried lolo Burn on their iPhone? I downloaded this app a few weeks ago and use it on a treadmill I have at home and I'm finding that it is excellent. I love how they configure workouts based on your level and you can change them mid workout.

Just wondering if anyone has had any problems? I can't find any. I think it's brilliant, but I'm only up to my 8th workout on it.

As an Australian I love how you can change it from miles to kms. And the music actually adjusts it's speed to match your speed so you can step it time. Apart from it skipping a bit on one workout it has all worked flawlessly. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who has a treadmill but hates using it because it's a bit 'boring'.

ps. and no, I don't work for them :)

Replies

• megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Im from Aust too!! I will have to try this me thinks... =)

Im ready for weightloss and armed with an iphone! hahaha watchout!
  • megsta21
    Options
    Sorry... another question, does it make your music sound funny by speeding it up etc?? does it really keep track of how far you have walked or how many calories burnt? Or does it simply assume you walked to the beat like your supposed to??
  • hwaterhouse
    hwaterhouse Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Well, it can't actually speed up your personal music. They have about 20 tracks which they use which sound OK at any pace. I haven't used it outside of a treadmill so not sure how it works outdoors, but it would probably assume you walked to the beat because it doesn't seem to have GPS tracking. I should give it a try outdoors (now it is Spring).

I think it would be helpful outdoors because you could just keep in time with the music and speed up/slow down with that. There are a lot of intervals which is really good. If you do give it a go I'd love to hear what you think. I've had other apps to help with the walking and they weren't as good.

Also, congrats on your weight loss. I think we have similar amounts to lose (I have about 30kg). Good luck :)
  • megsta21
    Options
    Well, it can't actually speed up your personal music. They have about 20 tracks which they use which sound OK at any pace. I haven't used it outside of a treadmill so not sure how it works outdoors, but it would probably assume you walked to the beat because it doesn't seem to have GPS tracking. I should give it a try outdoors (now it is Spring).

I think it would be helpful outdoors because you could just keep in time with the music and speed up/slow down with that. There are a lot of intervals which is really good. If you do give it a go I'd love to hear what you think. I've had other apps to help with the walking and they weren't as good.

Also, congrats on your weight loss. I think we have similar amounts to lose (I have about 30kg). Good luck :)

Thanks hun!! =) Im feelin a bit bummed out atm cause ive only lost 3kgs or 7lb in 10 weeks.... but hopefully will get there!!

OK will buy this app now... =) I actually have a "gym" and "Hardcore gym" playlists on my iphone... hehehe so i normally walk in time to them... ill have too try this out!! it says you can use your own music so sweet!! =)
  • sarahmckinley
    sarahmckinley Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Nike has a new shoe line called Nike+ that goes with ipods/iphones where you can download an app and it will configure your workout with your personal musing with tempos, etc...it also tells you how many miles you've been...
    you just buy the little chip that goes in the shoe (well and the shoes, but there are a ton of them and they aren't any more expensive than the regular ones) and the chip comes with a little piece that you plug into your ipod or iphone...it's only about $25(in the us...:)).
    and I don't work for THEM :)
    -sarah
  • hwaterhouse
    hwaterhouse Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sarah, I just got some of those 'shape-up' shoes but will keep in mind for my next purchase.

And Megs, I think it's great you are still getting on the site and logging stuff in (even though you feel disappointed). That's half the battle! I hope I can still be doing that in 10 weeks time. I understand how you feel though - you're working hard and just want it gone now! Usually I give in before then. I've only just become 'serious' since Wednesday so still have that starting motivation working for me.

Hope the app works OK for you :)

Hayley