help please

Options
Can anyone give me examples of what they est for bfast lunch and dinner? I'm.having a hard time figuring out what to eat that's good and stays under calorie intake. I try to eat like a sand which for lunch and lots of veggies but that leaves me soon hungry

Replies

• tbblauraalicia
    Options
    hey there ! for breakfast I stick to egg omelets with lots of veggies, or oatmeal/granola with almond milk and fruits on top. lunch is either a sandwich on rye bread with veggies and fruit, or a Shakeology drink. I love Shakeology because it keeps me full and makes me feel awesome for the rest of the day (:
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    hey there ! for breakfast I stick to egg omelets with lots of veggies, or oatmeal/granola with almond milk and fruits on top. lunch is either a sandwich on rye bread with veggies and fruit, or a Shakeology drink. I love Shakeology because it keeps me full and makes me feel awesome for the rest of the day (:

Hmmm....beachbody coach? coachlaura?

OP: You do not need Shakeology

you could add more protein so you stay fuller longer. (ex. eggs, meat)
  • tbblauraalicia
    Options
    yes I am a beachbody coach, I use shakeology myself. she asked for examples. sorry if you have a problem.
  • cbusxtina
    cbusxtina Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal ( not instant) keeps me full and is pretty low in calories. 1 cup equals about 150 calories. For something quick, I hard boil eggs on Sunday night and use them through out the week when i need something fast. Those are 70 calories, and I ususally pair it with a grapefruit.

For lunch I usually rely on a salad that has lots of veggies, topped with tuna. I like the lemon pepper packets. I think those are 80 calories.

Hope that helps!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I love Shakeology because it keeps me full and makes me feel awesome for the rest of the day (:

It's magic!
  • ckjohnson0820
    Options
    Thanks y'all! I wanna try shaeology but its kinda pricey
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

Don't bother, it's nothing special. It's a MLM scheme, which is why you will see people bringing it up on these forums (and maybe they'll try to sell it to you on the side if you're unlucky). Generally these people will have "coach" in their name. Just ignore them.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    To return to the original question...
    Can anyone give me examples of what they est for bfast lunch and dinner? I'm.having a hard time figuring out what to eat that's good and stays under calorie intake. I try to eat like a sand which for lunch and lots of veggies but that leaves me soon hungry

My big meal is in the evening, so I usually have a light breakfast and lunch.

My typical breakfast these days is a slice of toast, 3/8 Tbsp. butter, and a couple cups of coffee with 1% milk. Some days I'll have a second slice of toast if I'm hungry, or a bowl of cereal (shredded wheat with bran and a small handful of raisins).

Lunch is typically either a sandwich with meat, cheese, and lettuce, or hummus with lots of veggies. If I'm at home I sometimes add a glass of low-sodium V8. I find that either protein + fat or lots of raw veggies work to help keep me feeling full.

I keep pickles on hand for those times I get hungry between meals. But a few weeks after I started cutting back my calories, I stopped getting hungry as often as I did in the first couple weeks.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    i like having shakes.. made with a fruit, protein powder and either milk or almond milk and chai seeds. Not always low calorie.. but yummy and filling..

Also.. i freeze coffee in my ice cube trays and put them in it too.. makes it yummy!!
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I eat a bowl of cereal with almond milk for breakfast, or an everything bagel with cream cheese. For lunch, I usually have a big salad with annie's dressing, or bowl of soup wih a side of bread or crackers.
  • MrsSenecal
    MrsSenecal Posts: 312 Member
    Options

Don't bother, it's nothing special. It's a MLM scheme, which is why you will see people bringing it up on these forums (and maybe they'll try to sell it to you on the side if you're unlucky). Generally these people will have "coach" in their name. Just ignore them.

I was on here a few years ago and this was just starting, now it seems like everyone is a coach now and selling that crap.
  • lattarulol
    lattarulol Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Breakfast that keeps me the fullest: two pieces of low cal toast (or a bagel slim, or a whole wheat pita pocket, or a flat out wrap - all are ~100 cal or less each), 1 egg beefed up with egg whites (i buy the container of egg whites), and a bit of fat free cheese maybe, veggies if i make it into an omelet. maybe a little salsa on top or some avocado - always comes in at less than 300 cals depending on what i put on it. Or, I have greek yogurt with some fruit and maybe some brushed high fiber cereal on top. sometimes a bit of peanut butter mixed in (or better'n peanut butter). a splenda packet if i want it sweetened (or sometimes i use a little honey) but normally the fruit itself is enough.

lunch i pretty much always have a wrap and i mix it up to keep it interesting:
    wrap: flat out wrap or lavash bread (try to keep it around 100 cals)
    protein: couple ounces of deli meat or rotiserie breast chicken
    spread: a laughing cow wedge or greek yogurt or avocado (some greek yogurt mixed with avocado - yum)
    veggies: spinach, arugula, tomatos, bell peppers, cucumbers

add in a piece of fruit and some pretzels or special K chips and lunch is somewhere between 350 and 450 cals, depending on what i put in it and what kind of fruit i have.

Hope this helps!
  • CysterWigs
    CysterWigs Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    If you're having issues with getting hungry shortly after breakfast, try eating more fat with your carbs. I have found that very helpful. When it's all carbs I'm hungry again before I even get to work. There are great, healthy ways to do this regardless of diet. For example, one of my favs is just eating a spoonful (or two) of Justin's Maple Almond Butter. It's full of protein, low in sugar, and tastes AMAZING. Nut butters generally have fiber and oodles of protein, too! Just make sure you watch the added sugars. You can get a lot of sugar in some of the more popular regular peanut butter brands.
  • quicksprt98
    Options
    Yeah shakeology is expensive, so is Isopure, so is Iso-100, so are alot of things. You know why they are expensive, because they work! I lost 30lbs in 90 days! Shakeology and P90x! What you got, Breakfast = egg whites, I would shoot for 6 in a scramble. That will keep you full for a couple 3 hours then hit up a healthy snack before lunch, Protein bar or something along those lines. I use quest bars! I don't sell them, they are expensive but they are the best!
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: yogurt with fruit or whole eggs/bacon with V8 juice, or a couple of scrambled eggs withgrated cheese in a high-fiber wrap.

Mid-morning snack: laughing cow cheese with a high fiber crispbread, some fruit.; my morning cups of tea with cream and stevia

Lunch: a turkey wrap or a salad ... I'm partial to Cobb salads, sometimes soup, usually another fruit serving

Mid afternoon snack: usually some nuts, or sometimes an avocado with salt, pepper, and a bit of wine vinegar, sometimes another cup of tea or a coffee

Dinner: stir fry or chicken breast or fish with veggies, a sugar free frozen treat for something sweet
  • A_Warrior_Princess
    A_Warrior_Princess Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Breakfast I either have oatmeal with some fresh berries and 1/2 scoop of protein mixed in, omelet made with 1 egg and some egg whites or sometimes I use eggbeaters and throw in some veggies - whatever I have in the fridge. Both keep me pretty full for several hours. For lunch, I make meals and pre-portion them out and freeze them so I might have pasta, soup, grilled pork, chicken, steak, fish etc...I always have a salad with my lunch with lots of veggies and I usually have a fruit - apple, watermelon, cantaloupe..Snacks I usually have a greek yogurt or apple and cheese stick, protein or fiber bar if I am really hungry! Hope this helps!
  • freebirdjones
    Options
    This coming from the person with DopeItUp as a screen name!! You can trust this goob to give you nutrition advice! Yeah shakeology is expensive, so is Isopure, so is Iso-100, so are alot of things. You know why they are expensive, because they work! I lost 30lbs in 90 days! Shakeology and P90x! What you got, Breakfast = egg whites, I would shoot for 6 in a scramble. That will keep you full for a couple 3 hours then hit up a healthy snack before lunch, Protein bar or something along those lines. I use quest bars! I don't sell them, they are expensive but they are the best!

don't waste your money, I'll write a post later on good things to eat, I'm short on time now but had to say you don't need to waste your money. I don't like shakeology but really don't like P90x. I don't know how just a shake for a meal will hold you off longer than good old food, or making your own cheaper shake. I put yogurt, hemp & flax seeds, pineapple juice, frozen fruit and a scoop of six star strawberry protein powder. I'll write ya later, just wanted to pipe in about how garbage shakeology is, it's as bad as itwraps! lmao
  • quicksprt98
    Options
    This coming from the person with DopeItUp as a screen name!! You can trust this goob to give you nutrition advice! Yeah shakeology is expensive, so is Isopure, so is Iso-100, so are alot of things. You know why they are expensive, because they work! I lost 30lbs in 90 days! Shakeology and P90x! What you got, Breakfast = egg whites, I would shoot for 6 in a scramble. That will keep you full for a couple 3 hours then hit up a healthy snack before lunch, Protein bar or something along those lines. I use quest bars! I don't sell them, they are expensive but they are the best!

don't waste your money, I'll write a post later on good things to eat, I'm short on time now but had to say you don't need to waste your money. I don't like shakeology but really don't like P90x. I don't know how just a shake for a meal will hold you off longer than good old food, or making your own cheaper shake. I put yogurt, hemp & flax seeds, pineapple juice, frozen fruit and a scoop of six star strawberry protein powder. I'll write ya later, just wanted to pipe in about how garbage shakeology is, it's as bad as itwraps! lmao

So, why do you hate P90X, Start and not finish, eat like garbage and quit after the first 2 weeks? Lets hear your experience with the actual program because I am dieing to know how you can form an opinion on something without even trying the program and following the nutrition guide to the T!! "Bring IT" by it I mean the excuses! No excesses! Just bring it Be a product of the product!
  • quicksprt98
    Options

Oh yeah, and BTW I looked up the nutritionals on your Six Star Protein and it is pretty good stuff! I ACTUALLY READ THE LABEL AND MADE AN INFORMED Decision on the product instead of blindly bashing it with absolutely no information to back it up. Pretty sure my BSN that I combo with my Shakeology is better but I'm not gonna split hairs! lol
  • freebirdjones
    Options

Oh yeah, and BTW I looked up the nutritionals on your Six Star Protein and it is pretty good stuff! I ACTUALLY READ THE LABEL AND MADE AN INFORMED Decision on the product instead of blindly bashing it with absolutely no information to back it up. Pretty sure my BSN that I combo with my Shakeology is better but I'm not gonna split hairs! lol

wow you are intense with all of your posts. I am purely saying don't waste your money. I am sure with the foods I eat along with six star (which I was giving as an example cuz it's cheaper) that Im getting all of my nutrients and getting results. You don't need P90x or Shakeology to get good & fast results is all Im saying. I don't like workout videos or cardio or anything like that, so I found a way to get results without having to follow a program to a T. People can have different opinions and you don't need to attack dopeitup or myself for having a different view, just post your opinion & move on. Everyone has different likes, she may like boxing or swimming, me I like lifting. I've lost 9 inches in 3 months by lifting and hitting my macros with no help from Shakeology. I increase my weights often at the gym so I've had strength gains with no help from Shakeology, I also have increased energy, better skin and sleep well. So going without an expensive shake is going well for me. So now she knows both sides, someone who suggests shakes and someone who's had success without shakes.

And my progress is a good reflection of my diet and workout effort, I would not see strength gains and inches lost if I was eating only garbage and giving up. I go to the gym 3 times a week and have a bench in my back yard so I lift at home when not at the gym. My husband is on mfp too and you can view his results and mine and I am sure our passion, dedication and effort in regards to diet and exercise is apparent.