Help with pcos diet?!

Options
I've recently been diagnosed with pcos and one of the main concerns for me has been weight gain - I have just been piling on the pounds recently and so I'm not sure where to go now, I'm not sure what kinds of foods I should be eating and how much etc - can some other ladies with pcos help me out? I just feel so unsupported at the moment and dr was no use at all regarding diet for weight loss :(

Replies

• CysterWigs
    CysterWigs Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Can you make your diary public or provide a summary of what you generally eat in a day? What kind of exercise do you do in a week, how often and how long? Are you on any PCOS meds (metformin, spiro, etc.)? Are you TTC?

Your diet and the amount/intensity of cardio you do are both very important when dealing with PCOS.

EDIT: Also, what kind of doctor did you go to? If it was a general practitioner/family doctor or gyno, that could be part of the issue. You need to see an endocrinologist for PCOS.
  • daughterofelectricfire
    Options
    Im not ttc at the moment - im only 18 and got diagnosed last week after tests etc
    My general day is:
    Fruit & yogurt for breakfast
    Sandwich filled with salad and chutney for lunch
    Some form on vegetarian dinner (usually pasta/salad/quorn and veggies)
    Then a late night snack which is usually some fruit/hot chocolate/bread and butter - I always aim to be within 1200-1500 calories and go to the gym 2 times a week doing cardio and have a full time job as a waitress/Working in the kitchen so I burn a lot there
    What do you advise or has worked best for you?
  • daughterofelectricfire
    Options
    Anyone? :(
  • elenabrodet
    elenabrodet Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    stop eating so many carbs from baked goods . try to eat more protein dense foods . the weight will come off soon.
  • mrskeziawallace
    Options
    I have managed to lose 51lb so far, I also have PCOS and find weight piles on very easily. I would suggest sticking to closer to 1200 calories and avoid too much refined sugar. I had really problems with eating sugary snacks for sugar hits. Weigh out your pasta portions to be sure that you are only getting what you think you are. I changed what I was eating in January and have stuck to it since. I chose not to take metformin because it made me feel very sick, changing my diet has worked really well for me. Try and eat lots of low calorie foods. Eat regularly and keep up the exercise.

36187518.png