Does anyone else?

Options
Does anyone else feel like counting calories is on the verge of driving them mentally insane? Or is it just me ? It also makes me want food more than ever...

Thinking of not counting calories but log my exercise and eat healthy?!

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else feel like counting calories is on the verge of driving them mentally insane? Or is it just me ? It also makes me want food more than ever...

It wasn't really driving me insane, but it was very time consuming. And I found I obsessed over the numbers (calories, macros, nutrients, all of it) way too much.

I only log during the week now and not on the weekends. After being in maintenance for 2 years, I actually started losing again when I started doing it this way.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Yes - I'm sure there are many people who feel this way ...... that is part of the reason Weight Watchers uses a point system. It's supossed to be easier.

Another method is to write down everything .....you're not figuring out the calories ..... but you're accountable.

For me, logging makes me eat less ......I have to think about what goes in my mouth ...... but not everyone is the same. You have to find what works for you. :flowerforyou:
  • Fredderfy
    Fredderfy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I don't bother. Yesterday I went to a BBQ and I knew that I had eaten way more than I should have, but it's a one off. I don't do it all the time and have had a good couple of weeks so I added up to a certain point and then as I was over, I didn't bother with the rest. I've carried on today though.

The reason I count my calories is because if I didn't, I would either be one extreme or the other - over eating or eating too little and making myself light headed through not eating enough. I always log my exercise though :)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    of course.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    No, but I'm an accountant. Really, this is just another ledger for me.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    It's like a game for me. I derive enjoyment from entering the numbers and seeing the results.
  • ladyonaquest
    ladyonaquest Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    It doesn't get on my nerves but it does call for you to plan and prepare before you eat, which can be irritating! For me it's simple because most everything I eat is already in there and I just clickty click click and in a few seconds I'm done. I get irritated when I have to keep tweeking my menu to get my macros where I want it to be, if I have something I really want to eat....LOL!! I've been doing it 10 1/2 months now so it's so freaking routine, I usually start entering my food for the day after I'm dressed for work, sometimes I run a little late and don't get to enter it in until I have already eaten breakfast. I don't even want to eat if my food is in there but I know breakfast won't throw me off if I'm in a hurry.
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options

This is SOOOO me!!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I gave up and thought I was eating healthy but gained weight and am right back here logging again.
  • naterciarodrigues58
    naterciarodrigues58 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I like it because if I plan what I eat I am sure that I won't just grab the first junk food I see/feel like. If I have my meals planned, then it's a no brainer - just stick to the plan. it even makes shopping easier, really, as I only buy what I KNOW I'll definitely need to prepare my packed lunches for work. But also if I just have a day that I can't be bothered then I just don't log, but those generally end up being cheat days.
  • supbanana
    supbanana Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Honestly, yeah, I've had days where I've broken down and cried prior to a lunch date because the lunch was going to put me over my calories. I have to track or I don't lose, but it's like a constant ball and chain that drags me down.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Yep, and that's why I stopped and keep loose count in head.
  • babe077
    babe077 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way for some time!! but it started to get a little fun and less intimidating when I planned ahead of time(like two-three days meals).