Portebella Pizza

Options
JessicaRobin67
JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
I have seen portobella spelled portebella so whichever the one is right I am sure you know what I mean.

I bought the portebella caps(large ones) and put 1/4 c. of all natural pizza sauce on each, with my toppings (which mine were 2 oz. sliced (but chopped) oven roasted turkey, chopped onion, 1 TBS sliced black olives... sprinkled with Italian seasoning, garlic, and topped with 1/4 c. of pizza shredded cheese.

Put in toaster oven and baked and then broiled.

Very good and low carb.

Replies

• Dejirei
    Dejirei Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Amaaazing idea! Especially since I love homemade pizza but hate the carbs - and the flourless doughs are just too much hassle! Thanks for sharing : )
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    OOH YUM, great idea ! thanks!
  • JessicaRobin67
    Options
    Welcome.. they were good.
  • allalreadytaken
    Options
    What a great idea! I love mushrooms and pizza!
  • Mercedespony
    Mercedespony Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    this is brilliant - I always put mushrooms on my pizza, never thought of reversing!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • MoRiv1986
    MoRiv1986 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • hludwig980
    hludwig980 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    bump
  • PattyJane167
    PattyJane167 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    sounds like I might have to try this
  • blpope
    blpope Posts: 163
    Options
    bump
  • JessicaRobin67
    Options
    The one tip I failed to mention... DO NOT WASH the mushrooms under running water... I would use a damp rag (like I saw on a cooking show) to wash them off. I made the mistake and forgot. one time and was runny from the water (since mushrooms are like sponges). I trust you all will like them as much as I did... I am getting more ingredients and making more next week... :happy: