whey protein, weight loss protein, weight gain protien??

Hey,

I'm getting confused as I see advertisements for "weight loss protein" "weight gain protein" "whey protein only helps you gain weight" "special formulae whey protein required to promote weight loss" etc. etc.

It's starting to confuse me. Is there a difference in these proteins, or is a protein shake just a protein shake?
Also is whey protein somethign different?

Replies

• Brando904
    Brando904 Posts: 11
    You have different kinds of whey protein shakes. Some are designed with higher calories and carbs to help gain mass and some with low amount of calories and carbs to help people stay lean. Also you have multiple kinds of whey protein. The Isolate kind is the more expensive one because it's more pure and get's to the muscles faster. Some of the other ones are cheaper because they have fillers and don't dissolve into the body as fast. You also have a casein protein powder. It's a very slow releasing form that has like 3 different releasing stages. It's a mix of 3 different proteins. Suppose to feed protein to your body for like 8hrs I believe. Do some research and check out all the options that fits for you. Hope I helped explain some of it for you.