Does anyone know of good daily multivitamin???

Options
I started taking one a day woman multivitamin and for some reason it makes me very nauseas. Im not sure if thats natural till your body gets use to it or what... any ideas???

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Does it require that it be taken with food? Many do since they contain fat-soluble vitamins. Taking the vitamin without food can cause a slightly queasy stomach. I personally like the Alive! line of multivtiamins.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Gummy Vitamins - they make them for adults and I find them to be easier to take than other kinds.
  • MrsSenecal
    MrsSenecal Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I had a friend who woul dget sick off vitamins. Her doctor told her to try the Flintstones vitamins and she handled them really well.
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Rainbow Light Prenatal One vitamins. Whether you're trying for a baby or not, it's loaded with a bunch of good stuff and it doesn't upset my stomach. Even when I take it on an empty stomach. Check 'em out.
  • kaseyAnne425
    kaseyAnne425 Posts: 230
    Options
    I'm jealous of all of you; I tried taking an adult multivitamin a few years back and it did nothing but make my stomach turn and send me running for the bathroom :frown:
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Gummy Vitamins - they make them for adults and I find them to be easier to take than other kinds.

+1!
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    One a day vitamins also make me feel nauseous. I take One Source for women now and I haven't had any issues with them.
  • stephfmeyer
    stephfmeyer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of Dr. Weil brand Multi Vitamin. The ingredients are from whole food sources and not in as high of quantities as the generic multis that i have seen. Also try and find one without Iron maybe. I had an issue with Multis a few years back and cut the iron out and found my stomach to be a lot more settled.
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    i take nature's way multi vitamin it has to be taken with food
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Centrum silver
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Rainbow Light Prenatal One vitamins. Whether you're trying for a baby or not, it's loaded with a bunch of good stuff and it doesn't upset my stomach. Even when I take it on an empty stomach. Check 'em out.

I second the prenatal vitamins! I'm trying to get pregnant, but they pretty much have all the good stuff your body needs. One pink pill a day and I'm done. That said, the gummi vitamins are nice, but you need to take about five of them (about 20 calories or so) to get an adult dose.
  • aliricp
    aliricp Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I take shaklee vitamins. I had a lot of weight to lose and since I have been taking them my energy level has increased dramatically. I Love them and they don't make me feel queasy at all. I also take Vitamin D and fish oil.
  • Amalthea_Rose
    Amalthea_Rose Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Honestly? Flinstone's gummy vitamins .. they've been recommended by all kinds of doctors, even for adults
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

Bump. I'm not pregnant, but I have these too. And like many vitamins in this line.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I take Your Life Multi Prenatal which is a more natural vitamin (not that natural means much). It gives me stomach issues as well but I take it just before going to bed. Seems to help avoid the stomach pains and such.

Try taking your vitamin just before going to bed... or take half with breakfast and half with dinner. Most vitamins contain more than our bodies can absorb at once anyways so it's always best to try and split it.
  • Viva_Karina
    Viva_Karina Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kasysantana
    Options
    thanks guys for all the suggestions. i appreciate it a lot. im gonna see if i try the prenatal ones since i know its all natural. lets see how that goes. but i do need my vitamins...
  • kasysantana
    Options
    yes it does . and i do eat first before taking them but it makes feel sick