2000 calories, Is it ok?

Options
Same with my topic, is it ok for me, a man who are 5 ft 9 with 163lbs, to consume around 1900-2000 calories per day?

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,968 Member
    Options
    What is your goal/s.
  • CandiQueen
    CandiQueen Posts: 57
    Options
    I am a 5'4 woman with moderate activity and fulltime breastfeeding and eating 2000 calories....and I am losing. So yea, if you want to lose you probably will; if you want to bulk up, you might be able to but will probably need more...well, depending on how you eat your calories.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Same with my topic, is it ok for me, a man who are 5 ft 9 with 163lbs, to consume around 1900-2000 calories per day?

Depending on your age and activity level, it's probably quite alright. Check here for some TDEE calculators to get an idea of what would be an appropriate intake (this will depend on whether you're interested in losing weight or gaining it, obviously): http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/

(FWIW, I'm a woman, 5 ft 9, 125 lbs. I can eat at least 2300/day and still lose.)
  • kenbi
    kenbi Posts: 18
    Options
    I plan to gain muscle mass, but try to lose belly fat, I used to weigh 200lbs. I saw that I can't lose any more, but may be I like to have muscle than skinny. TDEE of me is 2170, with sedentary. I exercise everyday about 1hr-1.5hrs.