Lost 13lb & ate a slice of cake?!

Options
As title suggests Iost 13lb & had a slice of cake? I got slated for it & told I'm 'ruining my good work'. I've been on a diet for last 2-3 months. I feel like one slice of cake is my reward for not having any got last 3 months!
What does anyone feel, should I of shouldn't I have had my cake ( & scoffed it down while watching dexter?)

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    You CAN have your cake and eat it too.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Ignore them - usually people who give the "best health or diet advice" are those who are doing neither, but love to try to tell everyone else how.

Enjoy your cake! And congrats on the 13lbs gone! Keep up the good work!

I have a friend who told me that I'm "going to blow away", and this was after eating dinner with me, where I had seconds on dinner, and enjoyed a full dessert (while she ate a chicken breast and dry salad greens). :drinker: I just ignore her.
  • sammi_j
    sammi_j Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I knew I wasn't crazy for a treat once in a while! If I was told if I could be skinny or never eat cake or have a treat I Think I would die! Surely life about compromise?!
  • kaseyAnne425
    kaseyAnne425 Posts: 230
    Options
    You're entitled to a reward. Great job and keep up the great work :heart:
  • MarisaDunn
    Options
    My mom is unfortunately like that... she criticizes me for everything I eat even though I've been losing! Everything is OK in moderation and it is OKAY to treat yourself every now and then.. otherwise you just want to binge!!! Enjoy your cake and Dexter :)
  • missylee117
    missylee117 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    This is not a diet, its a change for life, look at it that way, every once in awhile I also have a real piece of cake and or ice cream or whatever I want, I just work harder thru exercise to have it...........dont beat yourself up this is a change and challenging but worth it........
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Nothing to worry about. I have treats on a daily basis (cookies, adult beverages, cake, whatever), as long as my calories and macros allow for it.
  • crystalfisher89
    crystalfisher89 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate and cake (moderation) and stick to my cals and don't gain. It's okay to reward yourself. If your birthday comes around, go ahead and have some cake AND a drink!! One "bad' day won't undo your hard work. It's when they become consecutive bad days.
  • sammi_j
    sammi_j Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yeah I totally agree this is meant to be a life style. I think I would give up now if I wasn't allowed a treat everynow & then! & I do love my dexter with a price of cake!!
  • Gigsluvscw
    Gigsluvscw Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You're doing awesome! Make room in you daily allotment for cake/treats more often and show those who criticize you it's HOW you eat not what you eat that makes us gain or lose weight. They are just trying to get in your head. Look around at the food diaries of those who are being successful and you'll see that most of them/us are eating and drinking without restrictions, just not as much as we used to. Keep on keeping on! :happy:
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    :noway: Good gravy, ignore those folks telling you that you can't or shouldn't eat cake! There's absolutely no reason to deny yourself treats, desserts etc. as long as they fit in your goals (macros and calories). I eat dessert pretty much every single day.

I plan on eating cake tomorrow. With a scoop of ice cream. It will be delicious.:love:
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    You should log a bottle of tequila and a whole cake and really let your critics flip :tongue:
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    It's magical, isn't it?!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Blah, ignore them, or delete them if they are an mfp friend.
    I love cake, but have cut it down to once a week or less as 550-650 calories a slice is the same as my large evening meal which puts it in perspective.
    My real indulgence is a large waffle with banana and gelato.
  • Aliviuum
    Aliviuum Posts: 67
    Options
    Haters.
  • songbirdtree
    Options
    I eat cake whenever it's around! Depriving myself just leads to uncontrollable binges so I try to eat healthy fresh food on days I eat cake to balance it out :)
  • charlotteX92X
    charlotteX92X Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Definately enjoy your cake and dexter :) one piece of cake wont undo those 13lb
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    I just ate some chocolate cake, and some jelly beans... and later, I am going to have some ice cream.

Nothing wrong with cake! No need to deprive yourself of foods you like. Just enjoy them in your daily calorie goal.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    You should go back and punch that person in the face.

I don't like the food as reward concept, but if you want it and are comfortable working it into your plan, absolutely have a piece of cake.
  • flynnem4
    flynnem4 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good for you! (that's the only response you should get for news like a respectable weightloss and enjoying a tasty treat, anyone who says otherwise is a jerk) :)