Bored with lunch

Options
lmkelly679
lmkelly679 Posts: 102 Member
I need new lunch ideas that are quick! I'm always eating the same two sandwiches.

Replies

• MorningWhispers
    Options
    Whatever you make the night before, immediately set aside enough to take to lunch with you the next day.

Also instead of sandwiches try making a wrap.

Or make a small salad and put your dressing in a separate container or keep a bottle of your favorite dressing at work (if you're allowed to keep food there).
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I do B-A-S a lot - Big A Salad (aka Mark sisson but you don't have to be a primal eater to eat one). It's a big salad loaded with whatever veg on hand. Then I plop some leftovers on top. Add dressing. It's become my tradition. You can build it upside down to carry for lunch (dressing in bottom, toppings on next, lettuce on top). Invert before lunch to mix, shake good, eat.
  • kaseyAnne425
    kaseyAnne425 Posts: 230
    Options
    Whatever you make the night before, immediately set aside enough to take to lunch with you the next day.

Also instead of sandwiches try making a wrap.

1. YES!!! Yes, yes, yes! I do this all the time and it saves me the trouble in the morning of rushing trying to find something to pack for lunch. And it's already pre-portioned and ready to go!

2. I love wraps. However, I'm not a huge bread person (I make up for those carbs in pasta though, believe me! I should have been Italian!) One thing I suggest is getting turkey or low-sodium ham at the deli (NOT the kind in the tub already done up..) and rolling in a slice of provolone. I call them roll-ups and I make about three of them with a portioned baggy of reduced fat chips or something crunch (low-salt pickles!) Delicious!
  • CrunchyFry
    Options
    yogurt and fruit
    tuna-with-mustard lettuce wraps
    soup and toast
    large (veggie) salad
    fruit salad (plus a side)
    raw-foodie pasta
    leftovers
    black bean burgers
    chicken patty with avocado and salsa

Sandwich ideas:
    humus with spinach and turkey/chicken
    kale and tuna
    egg whites
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    i took advice from bcatoes a while back and pre plan / prep my meals for the week. I'll grab a bunch of protein and veggies, cut them up and divide them throughout the week in portions. I have been a chef for over 5 years so I just wing it or make whatever I'm in the mood for.

try using a crockpot to make stuff for the week that can be used in multiple ways, like chili, braised chicken, pulled pork, stewed beef etc. I made some braised beef brisket one day and left it seasoned lightly with sea salt and pepper. I literally had a million options to go with. I did BBQ Short ribs with mashed cauliflower one day, beef vindaloo another, beef stew, lettuce tacos, and ropa vieja.
  • Sumiro
    Sumiro Posts: 11
    Options
    Check out Andie Mitchell's blog at canyoustayfordinner.com. She has a lot of great ideas about low calorie, tasty options. I love her turkey avocado wrap made on a Joseph's brand lavash (I leave out the bacon in the original recipe) and I've got a great, filling lunch for 300 calories.
  • epie2098
    epie2098 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    My blog (no ads, I don't make money off it, nor do I want to) is full of vegetarian lunch ideas and very easily adapted by adding meat in to them if you're not veg too: http:/veggiebentolove.wordpress.com
  • lmkelly679
    lmkelly679 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the links! I love finding healthy blogs. I started making BLT wraps with the fiber one wrap and turkey bacon, I think I'm going to be addicted to that for awhile lol
  • Dechant63
    Dechant63 Posts: 59
    Options
    Wraps all day!! Veggie, turkey, ham, pastrami, chicken, steak. You name it and I've put it in a wrap for work.