Mommy time- for those wanting to loose the baby weight for g

wecansk8
wecansk8 Posts: 6
edited September 21 in Motivation and Support
Just had twins 8 months ago and need to loose the weight once and all. I have 4 kids in all and find it very difficult to have MOMMY TIME :) My hubby is very supportive and will take the kids so I can walk or run or have my hour of exercise a day. ANyone else like to join me? Its always more fun with a friend ;)

Replies

• PhoebeM
    PhoebeM Posts: 13
    where are you from?
  • I had my third son in January adn have been trying to lose weight and get back in shape. My husband also will watch the kids while I work out. Or, the gym I go to has childcare. Fitness wise, I am doing well. As for food choices, I need more self discipline. My biggest vice is that I still have cravings...
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    I had my second daughter in January.. thanks to this site I've lost the rest of my baby weight! now i'm just trying to lose the extra weight i kept after having my first daughter! my hubby works a lot (Army) so everything I do is either with the girls or while they're napping :-)
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,849 Member
    I have twins as well. They are my only children and will be 3 in November. Overall I am almost back to my pre-prego weight, but my stomach will never look the same. I am hoping to at least get it to be toned more, and lose some of the fat I've accumulated on it. I don't think my skin will ever be two-piece worthy, but I can live with that if I can look good in a tankini.

My husband stays home with the babies so its hard to get me time. I make do. The girls go to bed about 10 each night and that's when I work out. Sometimes sleep is much more needed though. If I could just make better food choices more of the time I'd do much better.

Good luck to you and we are all in this together!
  • I am also looking for motivation to lose my excess baby weight. I have a 7 month old son and I have about 6 lbs to lose before I am back to my pre-baby weight. However, I was overweight before I got pregnant so I'm looking to lose more than the 6 lbs. I'm struggling to find mommy time as well even though my husband is very supportive. I recently returned to work and I am struggling with leaving my son for another hour after work since I don't get to see him all day. I'm determined to lose the weight at this point though so I am going to have to make time after he goes to bed. I'd love to get a few people together to motivate each other!
  • I gave birth to my son a little over a year ago. This is the first time I have heard of this website, my mother in law introduced it to me yesterday. We started this losing weight journey together, yesterday. So we are new at this. I am doing this so I can be healthier for myself, my husband and son and also because I want to be at a healthy weight with my future next pregnancy. This is sorta hard for me because I am love steak, hamburger, etc. However, i want to set a good example for my son.
  • Originally, Ottawa CAnada, now I am in Virginia
  • You need rest to heal from the day. You can exercise in small timeframes thru out the day and still reach your goals. I know you can do it!!
  • Bless you family for your service to this country....hope you have a great support system at home
  • I can do the food management part, but I really need to get fit. Just trying to sneak it in with these kids ;)
This discussion has been closed.