Trouble urinating despite drinking a lot of water

Options
Hi everyone :), sorry to bombard you guys with this awkward question. I begun my "clean eating" 4 months ago, but not until 1 week ago that I started to drink more water to match my daily need (about 2 - 2.5 liters a day). However, I have a lot of trouble letting the water go, and there is a noticeable bump on my belly right where the bladder is situated. I barely urinate (or very little) despite drinking constantly.... I have a relatively healthy eating and exercising habit, rarely drink alcohol, but I do eat a lot of fish.

Can someone please clarify if this is normal because my body is still trying to get used to this new water intake, or if there is a problem with my bladder? This thing is making me feel uncomfortable and crappy all day, and I can barely run with a body slugging with water...

Thank you :)

Replies

• kaseyAnne425
    kaseyAnne425 Posts: 230
    Options
    Hi everyone :), sorry to bombard you guys with this awkward question. I begun my "clean eating" 4 months ago, but not until 1 week ago that I started to drink more water to match my daily need (about 2 - 2.5 liters a day). However, I have a lot of trouble letting the water go, and there is a noticeable bump on my belly right where the bladder is situated. I barely urinate (or very little) despite drinking constantly.... I have a relatively healthy eating and exercising habit, rarely drink alcohol, but I do eat a lot of fish.

Can someone please clarify if this is normal because my body is still trying to get used to this new water intake, or if there is a problem with my bladder? This thing is making me feel uncomfortable and crappy all day, and I can barely run with a body slugging with water...

Thank you :)

Well it doesn't sound as if you're retaining, because typically when I retain, I drink a **** ton of water to flush it all out then I'm peeing all damn day! How big is the bump? Maybe you should see your doctor?
  • lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    It would probably best to see a doctor if this continues.
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    That isn't a diet problem, it's a medical issue. Definitely see a HCP.
  • janupshaw
    janupshaw Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'd go see your doctor. If you are eating too much protein, you could've damaged your kidneys. High protein or not, sounds like a trip to the doc is in order. Don't wait.
  • 230137isntmyweight
    230137isntmyweight Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Not being able to pee is not caused by drinking a lot of water. That's an underlying medical issue and you should see a Dr. as soon as possible.
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    If it feels like your bladder is full but you are unable to urinate then you should really go to the ER so they can put in a cath and empty your bladder before things get worse.
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    sounds like you have a urinary tract infection
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Just in case you didn't read or understand the other comments:

GO TO SEE A DOCTOR, RIGHT NOW!!!!!!! (I wish I could bold sentences)
  • AbbeyDove
    AbbeyDove Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Go to the doctor! Really!

In fact, I totally agree with the guy who said to go to the Emergency Room!

GO TO THE ER!
  • Sumiro
    Sumiro Posts: 11
    Options
    Definitely go see your doctor or Nurse Practitioner. That bump you feel can be a distended bladder. Something is keeping you from releasing urine... Could be a urinary tract infection or something else, but should be evaluated. Good luck!
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Are you an opiate addict or do you have casual sex with people of questionable character?
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Agreed - get to the ER before your kidneys fail. That is life threatening.
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Are you an opiate addict or do you have casual sex with people of questionable character?

Yes to both. Should I go to the ER?
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options

Yes to both. Should I go to the ER?
    No...but you can come over here:devil:
  • pattyci
    pattyci Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi. Retaining excess urine can lead to a back up (reflux) into your kidneys. This, left unchecked, could lead to kidney failure. The lump could be any number of things, so I strongly recommend that you get yourself to a doctor. This is NOT normal and could leak to some serious issues.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Go see a DR....I don't think an MFP thread is going to give you the answer you are seeking...
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Seriously though OP. You could have a serious blockage somewhere, maybe a kidney stone or whatnot. If what urine you are releasing is dark like syrup go to the ER ASAP!!!!!!!!!! If you are drinking and it's not being released it's backing up somewhere. Don't mess around with abdominal swelling!!!!
  • Runningaddict293
    Options
    Just returned from the doctor's. After a series of tests, they declare that nothing is wrong with my body (especially the kidneys... What a relief!!!!) The doc gave me some precautionary pills for infection and advised to drink even more water.

But then again, that basically means I have virtually no idea what is wrong :(... Maybe I'm unknowingly allergic to something. Thank you for your advices though :)