Skinny girl gaining weight

Hi everyone!

I'm a skinny girl who wants to gain weight, any others like me out there? And in fact, anybody who's gained weight whether meaning to or not, how did you get there?
I used myfitnesspal last year to track my calories and gained 15lbs in 40 days - I thought it'd stay, months later when I had stopped paying attention I'm back to 90lbs (I'm only 150cm).

I guess it'll be a lifelong battle :(
I'm hoping to gain about 10-15lbs in the next 3 months. I'd like to gain more, but realistically I think this will be what's achievable.

Thanks!

Replies

• DeniseNichole76
    DeniseNichole76 Posts: 303 Member
    Do you know why you keep dropping the weight?
  • tahitiii
    tahitiii Posts: 2
    I'm really busy and don't have much time for eating - and probably I'm naturally a skinny malinky. But I don't want to be! I felt much better bigger.
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    That was me 45 years ago. Now its opposite for me. doesn't make sense. I gained and kept my weight at a very good looking 130 pounds by having two milkshakes a day sweetened with sugar. I had an additional peanutbutter & jelly sandwich after dinner snack. Before I went to bed I had a snicker. So yes all that sugar. but I gained 15 pounds in two months, and stayed that way till the hystorectomy, now i'm fighting battle of the bulge.
  • janupshaw
    janupshaw Posts: 205 Member
    How did I gain weight? Hmm lets see. No exercising for months on end. Eating biscuits and gravy, along with scrambled eggs and hash browns with the gravy over all of it for breakfast. Taking naps after a big meal of pasta. Ya know, things like that.
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    you said you don't have much time, so maybe with the time you do have to eat, make sure you have more calorie dense, nutritious meals in a healthy portion… don't just snack on a meal, actually eat it and enjoy the food you're eating.

Eat healthy fats (avocado, olive oils, nut butters). Eat a moderate amount of dairy products (1-2 a day), and you could likely use light to regular fat, rather than non-fat. If you eat meats, try to have them at every meal, or at least once a day. Fruits have higher calorie count than vegetables, so you could stand to eat more fruits than veggies. As for complex carbs, use breads that have flax or sunflower, or other nuts/seeds; rice; quinoa; oatmeal - these are all very nutritionally dense.

I'm going to go back to portion sizes, though I said it previously, make sure you eat a good portion of food. And when all else fails, try to have all food groups at EVERY meal.
  • DeniseNichole76
    DeniseNichole76 Posts: 303 Member
    I would start picking up some weights or a resistance band... Strength train and you will look uhhhh-mazing!!