Life nailed me but I didn't screw myself.

Options

Replies

• jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Your first mistake was allowing yourself to celebrate Tim Lincecum doing anything ;-) Sorry, that's the Braves fan in me coming out

In all seriousness, amazing job and persistence! I've done the pre-logging of exercise before, and the temptation to do anything BUT that exercise is so strong it's ridiculous. I'm so glad you didn't let a screw get you down! Now go get a tetanus shot! :-)
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    So how do I get one of those free pizzas? :huh:

jk

Seriously, well-written and inspiring post. We've all been there, we've all been weak, we've all felt bad...but not everyone is strong enough to do something about it. Pretty cool, man.

This showcases one of the big strengths of MFP, that being ACCOUNTABILTY. It's sometimes easier to lie to yourself, than it is to others.

It's hot and humid and sticky as heck in Canada, too.

And I appreciate the double-entendre in the topic title. Almost missed it at first.
  • gowrirao81
    gowrirao81 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    What a great post! You Sir, are fantastic! Love your writing style, profanity and all! :flowerforyou:
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    What a great way to turn things around! Wishing you the best!!! You can do it!!!
  • lifesigns64
    lifesigns64 Posts: 110
    Options
    Wow..... loved reading it..so incredibly motivating..
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I have just met you and I love you. :flowerforyou:
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    great job

but heres the thing i dont get

whether at the pool or after a sweaty workout. why do people run from the rain? specially from the pool.

that really bugs the **** out of me
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this post. Thank you for sharing and I'm happy that you were able to push through.
  • knitwit0704
    knitwit0704 Posts: 376
    Options
    Great job! I only wish I had this motivation... except for the fact that I have a sprained ankle and know when I need to stop. But when it heals, this will be a great inspiration to me.

Edited to say:

I only wish today the heat wave here hadn't stopped me from riding my bike (pretty much the only exercise I can do).
  • jannelaine
    jannelaine Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Free food is hard to pass up! It is one of my biggest weaknesses too. I love how you write. Wonderful job, walking so far, so fast. Sorry about the screw. Life can do that to you once in awhile. Lol.
  • Mrs__G
    Mrs__G Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP, and your story. You are an inspiration your honesty is a wonderful thing :smile:
  • abecker84
    abecker84 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    thank you for sharing this is just what i needed to here thank you :)
    and keep up the great wok
  • crzycylr
    crzycylr Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Great story! You will succeed, you deserve it!:smile:
  • huisfi
    huisfi Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. You're awesome!
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    this is an awesome story, on so many levels...i just culled my friend list but may have to request you as a friend. thank you for a truly entertaining story with a profound message. love it.
  • dsjsmom23
    dsjsmom23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Great post! Loved it! You are an inspiration!
  • Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    After devouring that pizza you made sure that you earned it.
    While you were about to just say F**k it and let that be the day. You stuck it out and kept your word to not only your MFP friends, but you kept your word to yourself and got the workout done.
    Even when you got screwed, you kept on plugging away. Good For You. I admire your determination!
  • MrsSenecal
    MrsSenecal Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    This wa sa great story!!!! You will get back on track and do amazingly!
  • kanadian_bear
    Options
    I love you :flowerforyou:
  • cfranz7715
    cfranz7715 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    wow... how absolutely inspiring! Never give up! And when I feel like giving up I'm gonna try and remember this story... so thank you!