400 lbs and I'm RUNNING! =)

Options
2»

Replies

• luckyladybug24
    luckyladybug24 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    To Knitwit0704....I started my first week by running for 30 seconds...then walking for 3 minutes...then I repeated that 7 times. Then week two....I ran for 1 minute...walked for 2 minute....repeated 7 times. Now I'm on week three and I'm running for 2 minutes....walking for 1 minute. When I feel ready...I'll move my run to 3 minutes...walk for 1...and so on adding a minute as I go until I can run a full 3 miles without walking. :happy:

Thanks everyone! :happy:
  • Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!! This is a big NSV!! Running is great, and when you set a goal for yourself it makes you really want to get motivated and keep going. I am training for a half marathon myself and I was not a runner at all before May.

Keep up the great work and you will rep the benefits that running has to offer!
  • IdRatherBeReading
    IdRatherBeReading Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I am doing my first 5K next month, and I need to get myself back on track. The motivation on this site is awesome! :)
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Awesome, you're an inspiration. Good luck on your first 5K:).
  • riccoismydog
    riccoismydog Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Well I guess my excuses are invalid now. Congrats, and way to go for being an inspiration!
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Seriously AWESOME... Make sure you get good shoes get fitted by a professional.
  • new_bella
    new_bella Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Wow...that is truly amazing! I can't even run a block without quitting :( Good for you....keep up the great work and best wishes on your first 5K !
  • pushyourself14
    pushyourself14 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You're amazing and inspirational - keep it up!! Good luck in the 5K :)