New to the boards.

Options
Have been debating on introducing myself here. Ex athlete and huge outdoor person. Played football and huge weightlifting guy. During college and generally living on my own I put on ~80 lbs. Still very muscular and strong but nowhere near where I want to be. I dieted and lost ~20 lbs last year using the myfitnesspal app then just got off track. I'm getting back on board now for a couple reasons. Was at the doctor a couple months ago for a throat infection. Weighed in at 288 lbs. My heaviest ever. Also high enough blood pressure they were slightly concerned. So I know it's time to make a lifestyle change. I know I won't be 150 lbs. I'm just build big and broad. Goal is set at 200lbs which is a good weight for my build. Just saying hi and reading all the stories and success stories.

Replies

• NK102
    NK102 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome. I have only looked at the boards and posted a couple of times. It is hard to start over, but it doesn't have to be. I am "starting over" I have never lost weight using MFP but maybe I didn't really "do" it.

I hope your throat infection is better. It is hard to workout and eat right when you don't feel well. What you have gained in weight you have also gained in experience in what "doesn't work" right?

I am no success story. but I plan to be. Stop by and say Hi anytime!

NK :smile: