Baby weight

Options
Hi,

I gave birth last year to my son and still feel heavy. before having him I was 165-170 pounds and now I am 200, honestly I feel so horrible to the point I don't even like being intimate with my hubby anymore.
I joined the zumba session but it is only offer on tuesdays and I try to dance at home anytime I can with my zumba DVD.
Is there any other way that can help me lose weight faster????

Thanks in advance

Replies

• MorningWhispers
    Options
    Baby weight can be tough, I never did lose mine and my baby is 21 next month.

I couldn't lose weight til I decided to try cutting out sugar and processed foods - I went clean. It's the first thing and only thing that has ever really worked for me - I've lost 50 lbs so far (since March).

I also juice a couple of times a day to help me get my fruits and vegetables in. Been feeling much better since I gave up refined and processed foods.

I am 15 pounds away from weighing what I did when my son was born!

Anyway if you haven't tried cutting sugar and processed foods from your diet, give it a try for a week or two and see if it makes any difference.
  • sheisadventure
    Options
    I know when I first started dieting I cut out candy and soda for a week, after that time you usually don't crave it for awhile but then when you do it hits hard, lol. I went a full month and lost 6lbs but then when I had one sip of soda a was doomed!!!
  • KRB28
    KRB28 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I had a baby at the end of January this year and I lost the weight almost immediately (only gained 20 pounds and my son was 10.5) but I'm now trying to lose the weight that I gained after getting married. I have been doing the 30DS and generally eating healthier and tracking my calories. We're not planning on having anymore kids so I'm just going to take my time, I want more of a lifestyle change than an immediate change :)
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    If you set up MFP with the proper information you should be able to lose weight just by accurately tracking your calorie intake. Weigh solids and measure liquids that have calories. The idea is that you don't have to work out to lose weight because the weight loss deficit is figured into your daily calorie goal. When you do exercise, the proper thing with MFP's system, is to eat those calories back to keep your original deficit in place.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Lifting heavy weights at moderate (not too extreme) calorie deficit is the most effective way to whittle down and lose inches, FAST. You will not get bulky. Cardio (like Zumba) will help burn calories, but weightlifting is better for delivering that "toned" sculpted look that women hanker after.

Edited to add:

<
    this picture was taken 17 months post-partum.
  • Meaganc05
    Meaganc05 Posts: 2
    Options
    My baby is 6 weeks old. I reached the heaviest weight I have ever seen during my pregnancy. I have lost 36 of the 40lbs so far but definitely need to lose more. I want to be under 200lbs. I have been working out for the last two weeks and my energy is up so I'm trying to stay motivated, keep moving, and make healthier choices!
  • Meaganc05
    Meaganc05 Posts: 2
    Options
    I just started eating clean too and I really like it so far. It was rough at first cause I LOVE my sweets but now 2 weeks in and haven't had any sweets an dont even crave them anymore! :)
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind it's not all about weight! I weighed 6 lbs LESS the day I had my son then I did before I even got pregnant but still looked like shi*. I am now 16 lbs lighter than I was before I was pregnant and because of the stretched out skin I STILL don't look as good as I did back then, all the weight goes to my hips now (I guess it's easy access since the skin is looser there lol) Always go by inches! Inches make such a bigger difference than pounds!!
  • adub79
    adub79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count your calories and do some weight training. That's what got me back to my pre-baby size, my daughter is 21 mo. You could look and see if there is a baby boot camp in your area, babybootcamp.com. It's nice to meet up with other moms and it's not to intense but a good workout to do with your baby in tow. Also look at LiveFit trainer on bodybuilding.com. Everything thing from your workout to meals is spelled out for you. Good luck!
  • jolene_ca
    jolene_ca Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Set your myfitnesspal loss to 1lb a week. Get in exercise when you can. If you stick to your calories, the weight will come off. I had 6 back to back pregnancies since 2005, I'm 2lbs below my pre kids weight. I didn't lose an ounce between pregnancies and then gained 15lbs AFTER my last child. I got pregnant with my 1st at 144. I got up to 199 after my last child. I'm 142 now :) (5'7") You can do it :)
  • touchafaith
    touchafaith Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My baby is 5 months old now and for the past month I've just been sticking to myfitnesspal calorie allocation and I've lost 11lbs in 4 weeks. I don't exercise yet as I have a 3 year old as well so free time is hard to come by but with just watching my calorie intake the weight is slipping off. I still need to work on making 'healthy' choices as i still have chocolate everyday which I make sure fits into my calories:blushing: but I'm making these changes slowly to ease myself into this new lifestyle. The main thing is just don't give up, try didn't things til you've found what works best for YOU. And feel free to add me if you want help and encouragement!
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I think you have done really well! My baby is 20 months old, and I only started thinking about losing the baby weight when he turned 1!! The first thing I did was a couch to 5k plan. This made me feel amazing and ready to move to something harder. Thats when I started insanity. I have almost completed insanity and I also do hip hop abs aswell. I hardly lost any weight though because I did watch what I ate. All the exercise in the world wont help you lose weight without a good diet. So technically, as long as you eat at a calorie deficit to MFP, you will continue to lose weight. I definitly highly recommend a couch to 5k plan if you want to start getting fit!
  • SteviMcEwan
    Options
    I hardly lost any weight though because I did watch what I ate.

Did you mean "didn't" there Jen? :P Yeh I agree with Jen, the hip hop abs is a lot of fun and because you are actually enjoying yourself you hardly even notice that you are working out. Jen and I did the hip hop abs last night and I'm a little sore today but I can't wait to do it again. I had a fab night's sleep with it too. After reading all the success stories on here I think that sticking to the calories they give you is a safe bet :-) Good luck hun. Feel free to add me :) x