My feelings are hurt...

Options
Kittyvicious1
Kittyvicious1 Posts: 190 Member
I hate talking about my feelings period, but I have to unload.

So my sisters hate me. I say this because they think I am stuck up, a miss know it all, and they think I think I am better than they are. I dont think I am better than they are, I think I am in a much better place my own life. I try not to judge them but it is kind of hard when I am helping my mother raise their children and my help goes unappreciatef by mother as well. I dp not talk to my sisters at all (since Nov) and my father who is dying asks me all the time if I talk to them. It hurts that I do not talk or see my sisters. I miss them. But I do not see eye to eye with my sisters and their life choices. I have personally changed my life 360 degrees (drug free, stable family, graduated from college) and since I have done this they are not happy for me, they have even turned their kids against me the ones they do not care for dropped on my mother's door step. So now I constantly hear thie same **** from my nephew. I want to be done with all the drama but it is hard because of my dad.

Thanks for letting me unload. I usually turn to MFP to distract me, but its lingering in my head and I have to get it out.

Replies

• timmieklose
    timmieklose Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sorry things arent so good for you. But it sounds like youre trying to do something good, yet they are all just too snarky to appreciate you. You help them out and they seem like they arent even grateful. I dont like people like that.
    From what you said about yourself and how you changed 360, then once the time comes with your fathers passing, then I'd get out of there and let them deal with their own lives by themselves. I'd get out on my own and do things that make you happy. You dont need to be around a bunch of negative people.
    And being family, of course youre not always gonna see eye-to-eye, but still....they could show some appreciation towards you.

I wish you luck with it all, and hope I havent offended you in anyway or seem insensitive about your dad.
    Be strong. If you have the willpower to change 360 like you described, then I know you can tough through this too. :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • Kittyvicious1
    Kittyvicious1 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the good advice, I needed an outside opinion.
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Do you actually know that they think these things about you, or are you just assuming them? Talking can be hard, especially if communication doesn't run in the family. You should look into getting a mediator in on this and have a real good sit down talk with them.