joined today...from Ireland!!!

Options
Hi all,
new to this and think its a great way to lose weight. Joined weightwatchers before and the whole point counting really bored me whereas this site does all the hard work of working how much calories I can eat and how much is left after each meal. Looking for more friends however to keep me motivated :)

Replies

• XFreckle_LipX
    XFreckle_LipX Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hiya!
    Im from Ireland too. Love this site lost a good bit a while back but broke my foot so started again about 2 weeks ago. :smile: I was the same I was a serial weight watchers joiner I'd join and after a couple of weeks get fed up.

I will add you also... :flowerforyou:

Hope you enjoy the site! :wink:
  • anthrochix
    Options
    Uh, I'm Irish but born in Miami. Good luck to you!
  • Skinman
    Options
    Hi and welcome. It has been 3 years since I was last in Ireland for a friend’s wedding. I use the calorie counting like a game to see what I can get away with. Of course trying to fit in a full Irish breakfast might be a challenge. :smile:
  • kvicente
    Options
    Hi, i was an avid WeightWatcher, too, but yes, the points thing got SO boring. I love having this site tell ME how much of everything i can have. Lost 5 pounds so far, and am much more motivated to exercise, since you get "extras" if you exercise!! :wink: Welcome, and have a great day!! Kate
  • goldspaula
    Options
    Welcome! I'm so happy to see someone from my grandparents country!! It is my dream to visit there someday!!!! I too am a former weight watcher. I've stopped watching my weight and started losing it with MFP! I love this site and I know that you will love it too! Have fun and best of luck!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Soon I'll be training for the 2011 Dingle Marathon! Woo Hoo!!
  • pandalady8
    pandalady8 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It is a great site and a wonderful tool, plus the community is outstanding! Ireland is also outstanding... I hope to go back for a visit some day! Maybe that will be my big reward :laugh:
  • sexylonglegs
    Options
    welcome to mfp!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Welcome and goodluck on your journey
  • weightlessness
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Good luck! I love it here, on MFP, because the support system is great and I feel like everyone is looking out for everyone else. It's a great motivator. :flowerforyou:
  • yadayadayada
    Options
    thanks guys, you are all sooo nice!! must go plan dinner now ;)
  • carolinep34
    carolinep34 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm just after joining this site yesterday. I also was a member of WW but I'm finding this more convenient. I would like to lose weight and keep it off. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Hey there :flowerforyou:

Nice to see another Irish lass on here :drinker: I'm Chellie another former WW lol just sent you a FR :wink: What part of Ireland are you from :bigsmile:

Hope you will love this site as much as me the support from everyone I have met along the way has been priceless :drinker:
  • Chloe2009
    Options
    Hi,

Just joined the site on Monday - 5 days tracking so far - been up and down so far but its brilliant to make you more aware of whats going in your mouth, also used to be a big WW fan, and lost almost 2 stone with it but I was fed up paying for it!

Getting married in December so hoping this site will help me shake a few pounds before then!
  • scarbouro
    Options
    another Irish girl here!!:tongue:
  • mariasheehan
    Options
    Hi and welcome,

I'm Irish too, from Dublin, but living in the US. This is a great site, you'll love it. best of luck on your journey!!!!!

regards Maria
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm not Irish but I've got red hair and green eyes! Welcome to MFP. It's way better than WW because it's free and nobody will tell you what you should or shouldn't be doing. Have fun x