Lost 13lb & ate a slice of cake?!

Options
2»

Replies

• missbis
    missbis Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Great job! If you have worked that hard and have the discipline, cake is not a big deal. Good for you. :bigsmile:
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    If you've budgeted calories for it I see no reason why you shouldn't have it. The person needs to shut up.
  • Freedom1011
    Options
    If its in your calorie goal EAT!!!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I've lost 60 lbs, maintained it for over a year and a half and during the last 2 1/2 years, I've still eaten cake, bacon cheeseburgers, chips, cookies, etc... I figure as long as I eat healthy foods the majority of the time, it's all good. If I couldn't still have the foods I enjoy every now and then, there's no way I would have been able to lose the weight and keep it off.
  • KelliH729
    KelliH729 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Denying yourself of food will only make things worse. There is nothing at all wrong with fitting a piece of cake into your calorie count per day. Even if you go over your daily allocation, it is only one day and one piece of cake.
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    you should eat cake whenever you want. I would not make food a reward though. You are not a dog.
  • nursenelson
    nursenelson Posts: 295
    Options
    Puhleeeeaase eat some cake!
    and cookies
    and chips
    You cannot deprive yourself from all of your food loves
    You are kicking *kitten* with your weight loss - just keep doing what you're doing. :)
  • SashaMegan
    SashaMegan Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You've done such a good work so far. I'm sure you know what you're doing so enjoy you rewards :flowerforyou:
  • mum212
    mum212 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    i ate everything i wanted within moderation even cake and fried chicken lol, so don't worry you've done really well hun keep it up an i hope you really enjoyed your cake every last crumb eat what you want and if you go over your daily calories just do a little excersise to burn them off x
  • Mutterz
    Mutterz Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've lost 66lbs and frequently go a bit mad, not everyday obviously and not all day either but for example I've eaten 10 digestive biscuits (they are my weakness) that's 800 calories!! I'm not going to beat myself up and neither should you!!
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    pfft eat your cake. if you never have cake, and you like cake, life loses it's sparkle a bit :)
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I'm having cake tonight in sympathy, ignore the fools they are probably jealous that your getting in great shape and eating cake :)
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    As title suggests Iost 13lb & had a slice of cake? I got slated for it & told I'm 'ruining my good work'. I've been on a diet for last 2-3 months. I feel like one slice of cake is my reward for not having any got last 3 months!
    What does anyone feel, should I of shouldn't I have had my cake ( & scoffed it down while watching dexter?)
    who? who? who are these stupid mean people?

You are an adult, a mom, and you should eat whatever works for you. You've lost 13 lbs in the past three months? well good for you!

(I'm actually *not* a fan of the "cake as a reward* school of thought, but more - like many people here - a fan of the "this is a lifestyle, not a diet/punishment". and as such, you should certainly fit in occassional or daily treats. I'm actually not even a cake person, but i love love love good bread and every now and then - like today for lunch - i'll "splurge" and get a roll. as long as it fits in my calorie count, it's fine)
  • emilycarr71404
    emilycarr71404 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I eat dessert pretty much every single day.
    I plan on eating cake tomorrow. With a scoop of ice cream. It will be delicious.:love:

I love this thought. I had a planned ice cream every Sunday night while watching TB and I love it! I like what MyJourney1960 says about planning the treats. I do the same thing. Tonight, I want some pizza s I can going to exercise a little more and go bowling afterward. You can eat what you like is smaller amounts whenever you like as long as you plan them! Good luck.