Dreadlocks?

Options
KxCoyote
KxCoyote Posts: 122 Member
What's your opinion on them?

I like them if they're well kept. I think they look nice and they really aren't the 'norm' which I really like.

I've heard quite the spectrum of reaction to them from family and friends.
A few of my friends have/had dreadlocks.
My mom thinks they look nice on darker guys, but not girls or pale people(Not being racist, just her opinion.)
However, my boyfriends dad(Who is VERY racist, I DO NOT put up with racism of any kind) but he believes anyone with dreadlocks wants to be 'black' and smokes pot.

So I ask you... what's your opinion?

Replies

• Faery_Dust
    Faery_Dust Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I like them. To me, they are just a hairstyle. I don't think I could have them due to my job but would certainly consider them if I didn't do the job I do.
  • timmieklose
    timmieklose Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    As you've said, if they are well kept, then yeah. I think dreadlocks could look good on anyone, guy or girl.
    I've seen some pretty sexy white guys with blonde hair in small-medium dreadlocks, and they look fiiiiine. LOL.

I even used to take my own hair, kinda like my bangs and twist them up into semi-small dreadlocks. Cant say I wore them like that to school, but hey, I felt cool! :tongue:
  • timmieklose
    timmieklose Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I like them. To me, they are just a hairstyle. I don't think I could have them due to my job but would certainly consider them if I didn't do the job I do.

Same here. I actually think I could have them at my job, but nye... I dont really keep up good with hair styling and such. LOL.