Newbie!

Options
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself! For some reason I was very nervous about blogging initially. But I have lost a bit now and am feeling slightly more confident! I have 48 pounds to go, so a big challenge, but I am really liking the fact that I can track everything so easily with this app and site!

I just wanted to say hi to everyone and good luck with your goals! I don't have much of a support network as I am pretty ashamed at my actual weight, and everybody I am around seems to think I am about 2 stone lighter than I am!! So, I thought I would reach out to you all on here to get some motivation and support!

I am really looking forward to the rest of this journey now!

Replies

• liormintz
    liormintz Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You are more then welcome to add me
  • JaderadeZ
    JaderadeZ Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi there! I am new as well, and I also have quite a hefty goal (120 pounds).

I, as well as everyone else here I can imagine, am incredibly proud of you for beginning your journey to a happier you!
    Just know that I am always a message away if you need advice or even just someone to talk to!
  • SteinerGirlSlimming
    Options
    We've got about the same to lose, I'll add you :) Feel free to message me for anything, I'm pretty chatty!

B x
  • keepitgoing86
    Options
    Thank you, to you all! I already feel a little uplifted... this might just be exactly what I need! Well I would love to add you all and reply to each of you BUT I don't know how :laugh:

So... step by step guide?
  • keepitgoing86
    Options
    You are more then welcome to add me

Ah ha!! I figured out how to reply individually! Now on to adding people! Ps... Thank you for your post! It really is appreciated! I will definitely keep in contact.
  • mio_amore
    mio_amore Posts: 29
    Options
    omg im in same boat as you. i guess to others i look healthy but thats just because i carry the weight in a way i can hide it. But i joined this to be motivated and lose it all. we're all rooting for each other here :drinker: :drinker:
  • keepitgoing86
    Options
    omg im in same boat as you. i guess to others i look healthy but thats just because i carry the weight in a way i can hide it. But i joined this to be motivated and lose it all. we're all rooting for each other here :drinker: :drinker:

Are you more of an hour glass/ pear shape? I think for me, it fooled me in to a false sense of security, because even at this heavy weight I still have a much smaller waist than my hips! I can't believe the support I have received already it's crazy! Good luck hun!
  • 12MonthGoal
    Options
    Hi! I am the exact same. I don't think any of my family or friends have a clue how much I actually weigh!

I have used this site before and lost 30 pounds, but I put it all back on and even more... so I am back to stay this time!

Please feel free to add me, and I will try to support you as much as I can! I am looking to lose around 80 pounds myself so it's going to be tough.

Amy :flowerforyou:
  • acemanda
    acemanda Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I have only been at this a week but i havent lost anything :-(
    Gutted!!
    I have only 1 stone to loose but its sooo hard!
    I have 1200 calories to use per day. Sometimes i am a littler over and other times a little under.
    Am i doing something wrong here??
    Acemanda
  • keepitgoing86
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I have only been at this a week but i havent lost anything :-(
    Gutted!!
    I have only 1 stone to loose but its sooo hard!
    I have 1200 calories to use per day. Sometimes i am a littler over and other times a little under.
    Am i doing something wrong here??
    Acemanda

Hi,

Well... I am far from an expert hence why I am overweight! BUT I do know a thing or two about healthy eating... Have you checked the carb count? Check the saturated fats too! Obviously as you have a relatively small amount to lose it will be slower. Bodies are very frustrating things! Grab a tape measure, you actually may have lost in size, just not weight!

Another tip is, check your scales! I live in a 1920's flat and our floors aren't quite level. I was getting so frustrated as my weight would dance around everywhere constantly!! In the end I went to Boots and weighed myself on their scales and then took my scales into the toilet of my local Sainsbury's (how sad:embarassed: ) so I could get a really good flat level surface! And I finally came up with the same weight! (I wanted to know if Boots were tealling he truth). My floors are not extremely un-level, probably 5ml to a cm, but they clearly really impact on my scales!

I really wish you luck!! :happy: