Belly Bulge

Options
Hi,

I have been using MFP since January and have lost 2stone! I am very proud and really at my goal weight.

I do kettlebells once per week and pilates. I also do quite a bit of walking and have a two year old so I'm running around all the time.

I am just really unhappy with my belly! My arms and legs are quite toned now and I'm not too unhappy with them but my belly still hangs a bit.

Are there any exercises I could do to help tone that area up a bit?

Replies

• lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    it's so hard. I have been told to still eat at a slight deficit (10%) and just lift weights. I have the same prob, i am at my goal weight and i still am unhappy with my lower belly. It just doesn`t want to see to go away. SO i have been doing strength training for 3 months now and i hope that i can so see visible results, as it`s very very minor right now.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    For most people, this is the last area to lose.

You can't spot reduce...you can do 10000 situps..crunches...planks a day, but if you're not eating at a deficit and cutting your body fat %, the belly fat won't go away.

Most (I said most...not all) with visible abs don't do an ab routine of any type. I do, maybe....twice per month.

All you can do is eat right, at a caloric deficit, do compound/full body workouts, and be patient.
  • sharonmunday90
    sharonmunday90 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thanks both. I'll just keep plugging away :-) is got this fat so I'll carry on
  • sharonmunday90
    Options
    Ok New question but still related.

I do a group Kettlebell class on a Monday evening and a 1 hour group Pilates class on a Wednesday.

I do quite a lot of walking and I just can't run and don't enjoy it.

What exercise can I do at home to help in general. I do have a stationery bike but it hurts my back. I don't have much space just room at the end of the bed basically. I was doing the Gillian Michaels 30 day shred but got fed up with it.
  • dannimirko1
    dannimirko1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Sharon

You just need to SWEAT :)

Get a skipping rope. Seriously, its great fun and 1 minute bursts of that, then good low squats inbetween for your butt is awesome. Get a gymball and you can squat lower and use that for sit ups for your tum too!

I am in the same place (my back and boobs have dramatically shrunk, my waist is tiny, my belly bulge and upper thighs are problems that will not shift!) and I just try to make sure I sweat! :)

My trainer recommends workouts pre food early in the morning are the best fat busters....

Thanks!

Danni
  • tracym22
    tracym22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm interested in any answers to this. I've just started Jillian Michaels No more trouble zones which is a 45 minute circuit traing work out. Is doing this as good as going to the gym or doing a free weight programme?
    I'm trying to lose weight and get leaner muscles but i'm the wrong side of 40 and only really need to lose 14-20lbs or so ( i say only!!).
    My belly is going to be the last thing to go too!
    Thanks for any advice
  • kaydeedoubleu1
    kaydeedoubleu1 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue (lower belly bulge) but there is hope, after a super long time and a hell of a lot of calorie cutting and intense cardio, its getting smaller!!! I say just focus on cardio and core strengthening exercises like the plank and side plank. Try focusing on general fitness and diet and it will get smaller..
  • sharonmunday90
    Options
    Thankyou. I do pilates which helps with core. I'll just carry on :-)