Carb Cycling- Ever tried it?

Options
luvmyleo
luvmyleo Posts: 94 Member
I was just wondering if anyone has tried carb cycling, how you cycled your carbs, and how were the long term results? Thanks friends!!

Replies

• Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I guess you could call what I do carb cycling. I eat carbs one night a week. The rest of the time I keep my carbs under 30 grams. I absolutely love the way I feel on non carb days. I have so much more energy. My wife enjoys it to because I had so much energy this weekend I did all the laundry and stayed on top of all the dishes. Low carb is the way to go for me. My carb days I actually dread because it makes me feel lethargic but it is supposed to spike my metabolism so I am sticking to it. I think when I am at my goal weight I am just going to stick to low carb days and forget the carb nite.
  • dannimirko1
    dannimirko1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi

Carb cycling helped my weight loss, you really have to be aware of how much carbs you eat though, and how many days, too long on the same carb cycling routine can be counter productive.

It was a great kick start to metabolism.

Like Rivers2k I have found that whilst I love the food on my high carb days (breakfast this morning was 40g oats with tbsp peanut butter... om nom nom) I do find myself sluggish and lacking energy. If I have to work out on a high carb day, I feel nauseated by the end.

I am about 4 weeks in, have changed from 2 HC/2 LC/1 HC/2 LC cycle to 3 LC/1 HC this past week (with one cheat meal) and lost about 4lb. So will see how it goes again this week