Low carb to low calorie?

Options
I just finished doing Atkins for abut 3 months and lost 35 pounds. I am switching to low calorie now to integrate carbs back in. I stay to my 1200 calories, and exercise every day. Has anyone had any previous fail/success from switching over from low carb? I just don't want to gain everything back.

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    You may gain some water weight, but if you eat at a deficit you'll lose weight.
  • meghanryan16
    meghanryan16 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I haven't gained yet, but it's only been like 4 days.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    You should be fine.

Main thing is to just pick and choose your carbs appropriately. Green beans, peas, broccoli etc are great options, as is brown rice, whole wheat bread etc.

Most people naturally have a good sense of what carbs are good to go for, so you can trust your instincts on this one.
  • rosebank16
    rosebank16 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It is easy to monitor carbs, fat and protein as well as calories on MFP and I think you should increase the carbs gradually as Atkins recommends. Many people report that they put on weight very quickly after going off a low-carb diet.

I have found that controlling the carbs is the only way for me to keep to a healthy weight but can eat about 100g net carbs a day and 1500 cals with plenty of protein and fat and you will also need to find exactly what works for you. If I want to lose a pound or two I just reduce my carbs by 15 to 20g for a few weeks without paying any attention to the calories.

Best wishes.