Innocent smoothies

Options
BryKate
BryKate Posts: 74 Member
So for about a year now I've been really really strict on what I drink. Pretty much stick to water and herbal teas. Occasionally a tea/fcoffee but since going dairy free not so much as I really don't like the taste without regular milk! Once a week I have a glass or two of wine but other than that its water and tea.
I always assumed the innocent juices and smoothies were packed with sugar (and not just sugar from fruit I mean unhealthy sugar) and other crappy things but I picked one up for the first time today and was surprised to find that the ingredients were simply just fruit!! Does this mean they're ok to drink?? If so then I feel I have been majorly missing out!!

Replies

• framingsammie
    framingsammie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I occasionally drink innocent smoothies when I'm on the go and need something to fill a gap until my next meal. The mango and passion fruit smoothie is yummy and only 140 calories for 250 ml :)
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I love innocent smoothies! I like the kids ones to just throw in a bag and have on the go. I tend to treat them the same as fruit juice and don't have them too often but they're really good for a change of pace and for a bit of flavour. Go for it!
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    yeah, they're great.

my son loves the smoothies for kids, which have fruit juice in them as well as the mashed up fruit.
  • taniiagirl
    taniiagirl Posts: 47
    Options
    I love innocent smoothies, if I am out and about I will buy them to last me through till I get home instead of buying fast food, or food on the go
  • BryKate
    BryKate Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I occasionally drink innocent smoothies when I'm on the go and need something to fill a gap until my next meal. The mango and passion fruit smoothie is yummy and only 140 calories for 250 ml :)

Thanks for responding :) but the calories doesn't actually concern me i care more about what's in them
  • PheonixRizing
    PheonixRizing Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    They are good, however, if you are buying frozen deals from the grocery store make sure you are reading labels. Fruit smoothies you make at home are usually just fruit, which itself can cause serious blood sugar spikes, which may or may not make you feel bad but are definitely not good for your body. The frozen deals you buy from the store may have added sugar or fructose syrup which is like double whammy to your blood sugar. I would suggest if you are going to do smoothies at all just make your own and do 1/2 veggie and 1/2 fruit with a little almond milk and forgo frozen deals altogether. With a little planning ahead they can be just as on the go.