My first 5K - The Happiest 5K on the Planet

Options
ZiezieO
ZiezieO Posts: 228 Member
Last summer I decided I wanted to stop being afraid of running. I went from not being able to make it a block, to running 2+ miles over the three month span that Wisconsin weather allows me to enjoy the outdoors. This summer I signed up for The Color Run... I made it the entire way.

When I got done, all I could think was, Wow... I can do anything.

I started at 162lbs last summer.

2dihbb6.jpg

I am now 135lbs. I am happier, healthier and overall much more motivated to help others and do good things.

2hft3c6.jpg

2nuj9kp.jpg

1p83up.jpg

P.S. if you're not a runner, but would like to do a 5K and either walk/run, The Color Run is a blast!!!

Replies

• Tiznonay
    Tiznonay Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Looks like a lot of fun! I recently did my first 5k, and like you, last summer I literally couldn't run a block. It's crazy what we can accomplish with the right motivation!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Woot! Congrats on running your first 5K! That's such an accomplishment! Love The Color Run pics!
  • pinguwing
    pinguwing Posts: 9
    Options
    I did this last weekend. So much fun, would recommend to anyone.
  • joied
    joied Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    hi, i did my first 5k Color Run in Sydney, Australia this year. it was a blast & i would recommend it to anyone, whether they are runners or walkers. it's just a fun way to exercise
  • WhiteGirlWasted13
    WhiteGirlWasted13 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Doing my first in September! I keep getting all these beautiful color-filled pictures on my fb feed. I'm getting really excited!
  • waltzingaround11
    waltzingaround11 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    At last years color run I told myself to try to actually run it this year. Well, this years came along and since I just had a baby I didn't have time to train to run. I can only run about a half mile straight right now :( Oh well! Promising myself for sure I will run, not just walk, next year! Your post is pretty inspirational! :) Congrats!
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Congratulations OP! :heart: running NSVs!:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • Anke861
    Anke861 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Loved the color run last weekend!!! X
  • goblindab
    goblindab Posts: 13
    Options
    You look amazing and its fantastic motivation especially for me! Feeling really unmotivated and lazy currently!! Needed some inspiration! Thank you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!