The reason some of us may not be losing weight.

Options
2»

Replies

• SugaNess
    SugaNess Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I agree with you about the HRM. Me and my daughter both got one and found that the readings were completely different than on the site. Plus some days tou may do the same exercise and burn a different amount of calories considering how hard you work out. So we only go by the HRM and things are going much better. Thanks for you imput also, knowing that we are not the only ones who noticed this. I am sure that there are many more also who have figured this out. Good luck with your weightloss journey..:smile:
  • Susan57
    Susan57 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    yes i did notice a difference, so i subtract the calories it adds back out. i thought it was just me lol! :flowerforyou: and then i started losing again. u r doing a great job though!
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem. I consistently walk and ride my bike every day. I ride at 6 mph on my bike, and I'm really pushing myself (it's a single speed and I'm really fat) and when I started I burned about 225 cals in 15 minutes. Now I'm around 200 cals in 15 minutes. When I type it in under bicycling 10-12 mph (which I'm definitely not going that fast!) it shows only 179 calories. I walked for 30 minutes on Monday night and I burned 320 calories. By my estimates, I was only going about 2.5 mph (but I have short legs and was going as fast as they'd let me!) but I had to enter it in as 4.5 mph on MFP to get a close number to the 320 calories burned. I rely on my HRM to give me accurate calorie burnage, and I only use MFP's calculations if I forget my HRM--when that happens, I go by how much I typically burn. I've never once had MFP say I've burned more calories in an exercise than I did!
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I don't eat my exercise calories but I can say I am bummed. I thought it was awful high. For example, it says I burn 516 calories riding my stationary bike for 30 mins when said bike says I burn just over 100. I am thinking it is more than that because I am so heavy but not anywhere near 516 calories for 30 mins. I just looked it up 10 mins before I read that post and got seriously excited to be burning so much for such little time. LOL. I guess I can throw that out the window. Wonder where they got these crazy numbers. I am going to try and look it up on another site and see what I get.

Depending on your weight and how hard you are pushing yourself, that sounds pretty accurate to me.