I'm dieting in secret. Join me!

Options
My partner says I'm perfect, and my parents always have some comment or another if I diet and I don't think it steads me well, feeling deterred from the offset, so I am undertaking this plan by myself, in. secret for now.

The goal is about 50lbs and I am sticking to 1300 per day max, except one day a fortnight, when I will have a couple of beers. And exercise is good because I walk to work, run around sweating in the kitchen (I'm a S.O. cook) for 8 hours annd then walk home, about a mile. I will have to stop eating so much at work. I'm going to have to bring my meals or plan it out in advance, becausr being surrounded by delicious fried cafe food all the time is too hard to resist sometimes!

I will be adding plenty of green and herbal teas to the plan, hopefully replacing one or more of my regular coffees with them!

My resolve is set and I would love friends to join so that we can motivate each other!!!!

xxxx

Replies

• keepitgoing86
    Options
    Another secret dieter! My family are the same... and I am actually finding it really frustrating! I have just started on MFP too and aim to 48 pounds! Feel free to add me and we can be each others cheerleader!

GOOD LUCK!
  • be_patient
    be_patient Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    yess secret dieters anonymous!
    my family and friends really discourage my fat loss as well! doesn't help much :(
    My goal is about 20 pounds...add!
  • frankerzzzfit
    frankerzzzfit Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Doing the same! We can do it!
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    i'm not exactly secret - i just haven't told anyone :bigsmile:

let me explain - i haven't broadcast this (yet). nobody in my family will have anything negative to say, but it's just because it's been an ongoing battle for the past... many years, and I just don't want to talk about it any more.

The only people who really know are my DS (who hears my "YES!!!" when i get a good reading on the scale) and two of my friends. 2 co-workers sort of know that i'm doing "somethng" but since i'm more or less eating the same stuff i've always been eating, it hasn't registered yet, i think.

so heck, i'll join your DA group (Dieters Anonymous)

Oh and i have a lot more weight to lose!
  • aaasky
    aaasky Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yes! Secret dieters! Feel free to add me, I'm doing the same thing. I don't live near my family so they don't know (until I do the big reveal 60 pounds lighter--hopefully!--the next time I see them!), and my live-in boyfriend knows that I'm recording what I eat and losing weight, but doesn't really know my goals or anything. Which isn't to say he's not supportive, just a little oblivious and I'm encouraging it.
  • Nico_the_enabler
    Nico_the_enabler Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Another secret dieter here. I have a couple of close family and friends who know. But for me its the majority who get up in my face about it.. Either by telling me I dont need to lose weight ( i was over 230lb when i started) or by spending far too much energy telling me 'come on.. one trip to the cafe wont kill you.. you have to live etc. So I keep it quiet and so far.. lost 32 lb. :) had one person 'notice' so i wont be secret for too much longer i guess. But still :) add me if you want.
  • keepitgoing86
    Options
    Yes! Secret dieters! Feel free to add me, I'm doing the same thing. I don't live near my family so they don't know (until I do the big reveal 60 pounds lighter--hopefully!--the next time I see them!), and my live-in boyfriend knows that I'm recording what I eat and losing weight, but doesn't really know my goals or anything. Which isn't to say he's not supportive, just a little oblivious and I'm encouraging it.

Well done! 28 pounds is my first mini goal! You are kind of similar to me, my boyfriend knows, but has no idea of my goals! I live away from my family and aim to do similar reveals! Good luck! Any tips on your amazing weight loss so far?
  • keepitgoing86
    Options
    Another secret dieter here. I have a couple of close family and friends who know. But for me its the majority who get up in my face about it.. Either by telling me I dont need to lose weight ( i was over 230lb when i started) or by spending far too much energy telling me 'come on.. one trip to the cafe wont kill you.. you have to live etc. So I keep it quiet and so far.. lost 32 lb. :) had one person 'notice' so i wont be secret for too much longer i guess. But still :) add me if you want.

Incredible loss! Well done!
  • Kelso2628
    Kelso2628 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hey all! for a while i was broadcasting it to anyone and everyone.. and then realised the amount of stick and discouragement i was getting was turning me off... people are quick to egg you onto eating badly for some reason.. so.. like all of you, im going to keep it a wee secret until i can reveal my fab godlike bikini body and make them all stop and stare! haha! Well thats the dream anyways and i am a long way off! :)
    But for now, lets keep it between us... feel free to add me... we can encourage each other and shed them pounds on the sly! :)
  • divathinmuffin
    Options
    You ladies rock! Lets do this!!
  • jandjcassidy
    jandjcassidy Posts: 143
    Options
    That's awesome Ladies!! I am going to add you all!! I would love to keep you motivated!!!