What can I eat that is QUICK to prepare?

Options
Hello!

I am very, very busy with various work/study/family commitments, at the moment there is nothing I can drop. I don't have time to batch cook and freeze or anything like that.

What can I take to work for lunch? I only get 20 minutes for my meal break so I can't have anything that needs heating up! I try and take leftovers from previous day's tea but there isn't always enough left. Any suggestions gratefully received, I end up eating a muesli bar usually which is obviously not great...

Replies

• 1amico
    1amico Posts: 4
    Options
    Fruits and vegetables are natural fast foods.

For lunch at work I usually eat bananas and celery (sometime some ginger root)... love it! :love:
  • Maaike84
    Maaike84 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    hummus with crackers and raw vegetables, like carrots, to eat it on? Or crackers with some cheese or grilled chicken slices, or just a sandwhich or an easy wrap? Like a tortilla wrap with cream cheese and salmon and rocket?
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    A sandwich.

But honestly, it sounds like you're not making yourself a priority. I understand work/study/family commitments are important, but don't forget to look out for #1 (that's you).
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Canned chicken, tuna pouches, sandwhich, cereal, oatmeal, boiled eggs
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi

This question comes very often

You can find some previous threads if you use the "search" link above ( Home>Recent Posts>My Topics>Settings>Search)

Here is one link

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/752614-quick-packable-lunch-ideas-needed?hl=Lunch+pack

Good luck in your journey
  • KateParsnip
    Options
    I take stuff in a box. A tin of tuna, mixed with half a tin of beans or chickpeas with a chopped tomato, celery and cucumber. Or an apple and a wholegrain peanut butter sandwich.Or a wholewheat bagel and a boiled egg. Or some wholegrain crackers and cottage cheese and a yogurt. Or some home made humus (s you can leave the oil out) made with tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and chick peas with a chopped salad and a cold potato.
    Sort it before you get too hungry!
  • concreteangel418
    Options
    try once a month cooking.
  • 2008nicknacks
    2008nicknacks Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can buy some great quality pre-prepared foods in the supermarkets these days, like quinoa or rice ready cooked in a pouch - put some into a lunch tub with some fresh pesto (from the deli counter) and a couple of rice crackers -(snack 1) or how about wraps with different fillings - tuna/prawns or cooked chicken, lettuce, onions, sweetcorn and a lowfat/low carb sauce (snack 2) - not cheap, but healthy and quick and enables you to follow whatever eating plan youre following. Good Luck .:smile:
  • I only get one break too, and I get tired easy so usually I do something with protein and then a bit of sugar, so I get a quick energy and then a longer lasting energy. I go for like a hardboiled egg and like a thing of fruit. 7-11 sells little packages of two eggs and those are nice.
  • concreteangel418
    Options
    better to make your own eggs, sometimes packaged hardboiled eggs are contaminated
  • kaydeedoubleu1
    kaydeedoubleu1 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    nothing beats oats with some sultanas thrown in. 2 minutes in the microwave and super filling. add some almonds and chia seeds foe extra bulk, keeps you full for hours.
  • really? didnt know that
  • bigoldmac
    bigoldmac Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, see I told you I was busy! Lol.

Some really nice ideas, I really want to have a lovely salad or sandwich every day...
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal takes 2.5 minutes in a microwave.