Dating

Options
bgh707
bgh707 Posts: 164 Member
How has your weight affected your dating life? What are your insecurities?

Replies

• battyg13
    battyg13 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt know. i have forgotten what a date is :-(
  • stephen4232
    stephen4232 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    Been married too long to remember dating
  • schaapj2
    schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I try and avoid dating because I know it will lead to rejection based on weight. Their loss.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    If I have control of my eating, I feel better about myself and I feel freer to express myself. That makes it a win/win with the dating scene. When my eating gets out of control (emotional eater here) then the insecurities creep in and I'm not so much fun to be around (mainly for myself). No big surprise here I would guess.
  • carbons2k
    carbons2k Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I dont date anymore. If someone cant see past what I look like, then they arent worth my time.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Taking this to the most extreme...

I can't go anywhere with my partner without finding each and every woman that is smaller than I am, and then turning that around and silently degrading myself and wallowing in the fact that I'll never ever be that skinny, even though I know my partner would like it.

Yeah, appreciate the self esteem you have, it could be worse.

But eh.... I'm working on it.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Honestly it hasn't affected my dating life all that much, seeing someone and it's going well and shockingly they like the way I look more than I do. So it's been good for me!

I am just my toughest critic so I cannot help silently making jabs at myself for still not being what I consider ideal (not necessarily perfect)
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

Haha, This.
  • LoreleiEvil
    LoreleiEvil Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I don't date. Nothing good ever comes of it anyway.
  • 123tryingtobefree
    Options
    Dating.......what is that? Food???
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    We as women are so hard on ourselves. I am often told by men I have dated that I am beautiful and all I see in the mirror is that I am not as slender as I would like to be. As someone who used to be very slender, I desire that again. Even the man I am dating now, tells me all the time how "hot" and "beautiful" he finds me, but my own head tells me differently. I do feel better when I am doing things to eat better, exercise, etc. We are all striving for that near-perfect body it seems.
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I didn't get to where I am with dating in mind. I guess once I actually have an interest in dating, I might get more "Yes" answers rather than, "You're really nice, but I'm not interested" responces :)
  • TattedInStilettos
    TattedInStilettos Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I carry myself with a lot of confidence so I get asked out on dates all the time by men and women.... the way I see it is the more you love yourself the more ppl will see your inner beauty...
  • charlene1873
    charlene1873 Posts: 263
    Options
    It was difficult to begin with because of confidence issues but as i've gotten smaller I don't really have any problems going out now :):laugh:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I've never found it to be a problem at all, in "real life" or meeting men online.

Online, I've always been 100% up front about my weight and I've never had any problems with that either. Usually I would tell them how much I weighed or my dress size because I'd rather be honest than have them expecting to meet someone half my size. And then when I met them they were pleasantly surprised, probably because I carry my weight pretty well even when much larger.

But also I do think confidence is key. I've always been very comfortable with myself and I think that's a big part of why I have never had any problems with getting dates and having good relationships.
  • battyg13
    battyg13 Posts: 508 Member
    Options

Haha, This.

its true. im a single lad and its been over a year since i went on a date :-(
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I carry myself with a lot of confidence so I get asked out on dates all the time by men and women.... the way I see it is the more you love yourself the more ppl will see your inner beauty...

This!