Busy gal wanting to drop some pounds

Options
LBL1986
LBL1986 Posts: 58 Member
Hello everyone!

My name is Brittany and I'm a 27 year old living in the DC area. I used to be very active in the gym and more health conscious but since starting grad school 2 years ago and working full time at a super demanding job, I've pretty much lost all motivation. I'm trying to get back on the ball but its so hard!!

I work 40 hours a week, plus I'm a full time student AND I'm doing an internship for my Master's program. My day usually goes from 7:00 am-8:00pm and I'm exhausted! I'm hoping this site can help me get my motivation back! :)

Replies

• Kcarro11
    Kcarro11 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Brittany,

I live in the Baltimore area but my family is in DC. I understand about the busy schedule as I used to have a very hectic schedule up to a couple of months ago. I am also in grad school and have a boat load of other things going on. If you're looking for new friends in the area feel free to send a friend request. I will do the same. Wish you well on this sit and your journey!

Koryne
  • PLoveElliott
    PLoveElliott Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi Brittany,
    You do seem really busy! When things were very chaotic in my life I would make sure to take a break to go for walks (even if only for 10 minutes at a time). Making sure to escape and take time for you, even if only for a few minutes, is important. A good thing to remember that fitness is 80% what you eat and 20% working out. Make sure to food prep and make healthy choices for your meals and that could really help too. Once I tweaked my meals I had a bit more energy.
    Good luck! Feel free to add me if you like!
  • LBL1986
    LBL1986 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think changing my idea of exercise will help. I'm used to doing long sessions in the gym but maybe I can start slow with smaller segments of time more frequently. I"m also trying to avoid fast food and recently stocked my fridge up with yummy farmers market goodies.