Hats off to Specialty's

Options
taso42
taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
They managed to pack 1045 calories into their sausage egg and cheese sandwich. I commend them on this feat which seems to defy the laws of physics.

upSyA3Il.jpg

89WVMJA.png

Next time I'll will get 2 McDonalds Sausage McMuffins with Egg plus a hashbrown for the same calorie count, and better satisfaction.

Replies

• lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    :noway: How is that even possible?
    It doesn't even look big, or like it would fill you!
  • greentart
    greentart Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Holy crap. I just made an open faced bagel-egg-sausage-cheese-avocado sandwich for around 300 calories. AND that doesn't even look good. Gross.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    :noway: How is that even possible?
    It doesn't even look big, or like it would fill you!

Really? I doubt I'd be able to eat a quarter of that without being full.

I'm sure the sausages and biscuit have the most calories.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    That looks delicious to me. Just not worth the calories. Sigh.
  • missshyeviolett
    missshyeviolett Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Yea, they are the closest place to my work but all I can get there is the soup (which IS very healthy generally).
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    That sounds about right.

4 ounce ciabatta roll - 250
    2 sausage patties - 520-700 calories (260-350 each, depending on brand, I went with Johnsonville)
    Cheddar cheese slice - 113
    1-2 scrambled eggs - approx 90-180, inclusive of small amount of oil or butter to cook

So, yep. They crammed that many calories into that medium-sized sandwich.

Now I want one, but we don't have Specialty's here.
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Holy crap. I just made an open faced bagel-egg-sausage-cheese-avocado sandwich for around 300 calories. AND that doesn't even look good. Gross.

Really? How is THAT possible? I'm skeptical
  • TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Options

Really? How is THAT possible? I'm skeptical

Made on a MINI bagel?
  • Bigjuicyhog
    Bigjuicyhog Posts: 61 Member
    Options

Hmmmm. 1/2 bagel=135 calories. One egg= 70 calories, 1/4 cups cheddar cheese= 114 calories, 1/4 of a large Avocado= 80ish calories, sausage patty= 95 calories. I dont know how much of each was actually put on, but that is 494 calories right there.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Other than their baked goods, I don't really find Specialty's to be all that good. Very mediocre.