Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hats off to Specialty's

taso42
taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
They managed to pack 1045 calories into their sausage egg and cheese sandwich. I commend them on this feat which seems to defy the laws of physics.

upSyA3Il.jpg

89WVMJA.png

Next time I'll will get 2 McDonalds Sausage McMuffins with Egg plus a hashbrown for the same calorie count, and better satisfaction.

Replies

• lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    :noway: How is that even possible?
    It doesn't even look big, or like it would fill you!
  • greentart
    greentart Posts: 411 Member
    Holy crap. I just made an open faced bagel-egg-sausage-cheese-avocado sandwich for around 300 calories. AND that doesn't even look good. Gross.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,749 Member
    :noway: How is that even possible?
    It doesn't even look big, or like it would fill you!

Really? I doubt I'd be able to eat a quarter of that without being full.

I'm sure the sausages and biscuit have the most calories.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    That looks delicious to me. Just not worth the calories. Sigh.
  • missshyeviolett
    missshyeviolett Posts: 310 Member
    Yea, they are the closest place to my work but all I can get there is the soup (which IS very healthy generally).
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    That sounds about right.

4 ounce ciabatta roll - 250
    2 sausage patties - 520-700 calories (260-350 each, depending on brand, I went with Johnsonville)
    Cheddar cheese slice - 113
    1-2 scrambled eggs - approx 90-180, inclusive of small amount of oil or butter to cook

So, yep. They crammed that many calories into that medium-sized sandwich.

Now I want one, but we don't have Specialty's here.
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Holy crap. I just made an open faced bagel-egg-sausage-cheese-avocado sandwich for around 300 calories. AND that doesn't even look good. Gross.

Really? How is THAT possible? I'm skeptical
  • TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member

Really? How is THAT possible? I'm skeptical

Made on a MINI bagel?
  • Bigjuicyhog
    Bigjuicyhog Posts: 61 Member

Hmmmm. 1/2 bagel=135 calories. One egg= 70 calories, 1/4 cups cheddar cheese= 114 calories, 1/4 of a large Avocado= 80ish calories, sausage patty= 95 calories. I dont know how much of each was actually put on, but that is 494 calories right there.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Other than their baked goods, I don't really find Specialty's to be all that good. Very mediocre.