4th meal = most important meal of the day?????

Options
2»

Replies

• pchesnut
    pchesnut Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    LOL--I read that original post. Yours made me laugh. Thanks for the chuckle to start my day.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I only have two meals a day. Am I gunna die? :cry: :sad:
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I've always believed Breakfast is the most important..

My mommy told me that!
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I hadn't heard about "4th meal" until Taco Bell started the campaign. However, I do know that some people like to "graze" and it 4-5 smaller meals throughout the day just because it keeps your body fueled consistently. I can't do that because I feel like I'm always full and eating when I don't need to. I usually just stick to 2-3meals with a snack if needed. Sometimes if I exercise a lot or eat less calorie meals I guess there is enough left over for a "4th meal" but it's not intentional.
  • barbaratrollman
    barbaratrollman Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I just eat all day so there's no confusion. No need to put labels on things.

Ha ha! Me too! :D
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    It's just marketing.

The key remains maintaining and controlling the balance between calories in and calories out.

I tend to spread my eating out over the day, but that's for practicality's sake more than anything else. It'd be hard to pack my calories into three meals, especially because I eat breakfast and lunch at work.
  • SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    I do three meals and a snack RELIGIOUSLY. But thats just MY formula. There will never be any PROOF to back up ANY food plan other than groups of people with results claiming their way is the best way. The truth is there are MANY ways. I happen to like mine, I would even consider doing two snacks at some point but for the amount of cals I have to work with, 4 is just right :)
  • Bigjuicyhog
    Bigjuicyhog Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper?

I wish I could eat like a hobbit.

You can! You just have to do HIIT all the way to Mordor to work it off. It is 1779 miles from Hobbiton to Mount Doom...and GO!!!!

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/07/23/walking/
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    False. It's second breakfast.
    funy-The-Hobbit-meals-timetable.jpg

This
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    I wish I could eat like a hobbit.

I wish I could eat a hobbit ... Rosie Cotton to be precise :wink:
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    lol I thought 4th meal was what you eat at 3am when you're drunk and heading home! :drinker:

That's what 4th meal means in my life anyway...I try to stay away from 4th meal! lol
  • mellyish
    mellyish Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Lol I eat what I want, when I want and stay within my goals, it's all good :drinker:
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Taco bell is never the answer, unless you're bulking \m/

Blasphemy. DORITOS LOCOS TACOS FTW.