... you have it or you don't ...

There comes a time in our lives where we need to wake up and realize how damaged we've become. Trouble is the road to repairing it is not an over night drive. It took months and years to destroy ourselves, break us down and tear us apart. Muscles are weak and withered, organs aren't functioning as well as they could be in some cases.

Willpower? What's that? Motivation? Nah I'll do it tomorrow. Well we've all said that felt that and been there. Some of us still are some of are just now starting to open our eyes up little by little and when they are wide open you'll be able to see that the whole time the key to success was right there. Yeah right there that person in the mirror looking back at you.

That's you, you are the key. No one on here or in your life can motivate you. You have to do it for yourself. Your reasons, your goals. Your dreams. No one can tell you to do it. We can guide you we can encourage but encouragement is only successful if you are motivated by yourself. Your willpower comes from the heart. I heard my Drill Sergeant back many years ago tell another Private "It takes heart son, you have it or you don't". That was the most real thing that could be said where motivation is the biggest key to success or failure.

It takes heart. You have it or you don't.

Do you? I think you do. You just haven't opened your eyes wide enough. You haven't dug deep enough. You will... and when you do. You will feel life on a whole new level.

Welcome to the first day of the rest of your new life!

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Good post, and awesome eagle on your ticker
  • muktyfitness
    muktyfitness Posts: 59 Member
    thanks for your post, I am sure it will inspire someone somewhere.
  • AndiGirl70
    AndiGirl70 Posts: 542 Member
    You are absolutely right! I took me 43 years of looking in the mirror before I finally reached deep enough and pulled out what I needed to succeed. I'm still working towards GW but this is my year to shine!

Great post.
  • AnneMelody
    AnneMelody Posts: 51 Member
    I love this! so very true, we have to find that inner belief, that we can do it, we are worth it, nobody,but nobody can make you do it, without that inner voice of encouragement, it took a long time for me to get there but, thank God, it happened, better late than never!!
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Great post and so very true.
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    well said Tony!
  • Azkadelia
    Azkadelia Posts: 82 Member
    Thanks for the nudge!
  • 36jessica
    36jessica Posts: 319 Member
    Thanks for the pep talk :)
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    :drinker:
  • F1TCH1K
    F1TCH1K Posts: 72 Member
    I wish my mom could read this... Thanks for sharing.
  • Love this!
  • phoenixgirl81
    phoenixgirl81 Posts: 309 Member
    Thank you. I don't think I've read/heard it explained so well before.

I needed to hear this today.
  • lvnh
    lvnh Posts: 60 Member
    Beautiful words of encouragement! Thank you!
  • catneon
    catneon Posts: 911 Member
    This just drips of awesomeness!!!:drinker: