Finally getting serious...hit rock bottom...

Options
13»

Replies

• Inspired30
    Inspired30 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    This is a great first step! Good luck and I'll send a request :)
  • NSMustanggirl
    NSMustanggirl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Bit by bit you'll get there! You've taken the first step!
  • NualaTW
    NualaTW Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I too hit the 300 lbs mark and decided that this year is the year I will devote to my health. Joined MFP in January and have almost hit 30 lbs lost (should have it by the end of this month), and it's just given me the motivation to keep on going!

We can do this! :)
  • katie230193
    Options
    Good luck :) feel free to friend me. I'm always willing to help support :)
  • suetrnka
    suetrnka Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Really well said...found direction in your words - thanks :)
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    get the science right. start with 'Good Calories, Bad Calories' by Gary Taubes. long read but worth it. cut the carbs.

No.

I think the site you are looking for is lowcarbfriends.com. This is Myfitnesspal where you can eat what you want within your calorie limits.
  • Mac_ch
    Mac_ch Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi Mary Lynn! I think we all reach a time when we think "what am I doing with my health?". I'm glad that you're keeping an eye on what you eat! You can add me if you want, I have to lose a little over 145lbs!
  • familymom2
    familymom2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Morning. My name is Monica Kirk & I'm new to myfitnesspal. My Dr. introduced me a couple wks ago. I've had some ongoing health issues & take alot of meds for it. 1 in particular I noticed, did help tremendously with the pain, but also caused alot of wt gain that I do not like. What I'm working on mostly is to cut down on what I eat. That particular med caused me to eat eat eat. It didn't matter if I was really hungry for it, if it was there, by golly, I'd sure eat it if you weren't going to. I'm not that big to begin w/,but adding extra pounds on an alrdy small frame, I can feel it. I was just looking for some extra encouragement from anyone who's somewhat more familiar with myfitnesspal. My husband & son help wherever they can, but it would help if I knew someone who was doing this also. I'm about 2 wks in & not doing too bad so far...
  • familymom2
    familymom2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly the same!! Let's do this together!:smile:
  • ademiter
    ademiter Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!!
  • billuaa
    billuaa Posts: 56
    Options
    if you put your mind to it, you can ABSOLUTELY do this!
  • deb_137
    deb_137 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I would totally enjoy being your friend but even if not, please read the blog post I made today. Not because it is a piece of literary delight :smile: but more because I believe the you might benefit from my ramblings of the revelation I had last week.

Deb :flowerforyou: