love to have new friends and feedback

Options
I'm trying to add my ticker on my profile.. it says that I have to copy the code so I did, then I paste it were? I'm really clueless to where I paste it. doesn't the ticker show up when you post something from youself

Replies

• Dtrmnd1
    Dtrmnd1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    paste it i your signature and it will appear.
  • cathyfigueroa
    cathyfigueroa Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Dtrmnd

Thank you for trying to help me but I have the ticker I just wanted to know how to paste it when I copy, am I coping the code, they say copy and paste the code. I'm about to just forget it. Thank you
  • qwho
    qwho Posts: 157
    Options
    just paste it into the same place you type your replies and it will be there when you post

1766700.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    On this forum, at the top of the page, just below where it says "Message Boards >> Introduce Yourself".. You will see links for the following categories: Home, Recent Posts, My Topics, Signature and Search.

Click on Signature. Then paste the code that MFP has given you for your ticker and click on Save Changes.

Now whenever you post a reply or topic on the message boards the ticker should be displayed at the end of your post!
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    What I just did was, I went and got the code for message boards, then clicked community (brought me to message board page) then clicked Signature. Pasted it in there. If it shows here after I post this, then it worked! :)
  • blankiefinder
    Options
    Oh, I see someone beat me to it! But at least I have mine up in my signature now! :)
  • qwho
    qwho Posts: 157
    Options
    ahhhhhhhhh, that is so much easier, to add it to my signature, why didn't I think of that, duh! lol! thanks!
  • cathyfigueroa
    Options
    Asteroidusmars

Thank you so much for going into detail with me, you know that's what I was doing but I thought it would show up BBCODE as my signature. So I did it again can you tell me if it shows up now

Thank
    Cathy
  • cathyfigueroa
    Options
    I see your ticker now. When you send a message to someone do you see it when you send it?
  • blankiefinder
    Options
    Cathy, yours still isn't showing up, I think you are pasting in the wrong thing. Under Tools, select weight loss ticker. That page will show your ticker. From there, click 'Get Code For Your Ticker', then highlight all of the text in the box below the BBcode indicator. It should be a long code with square brackets and a url and stuff.
  • annesul
    Options
    hi

1988344.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • annesul
    Options
    is my ticker working
  • blankiefinder
    Options
    Ann, it looks like it is working in the first of your two posts just now. It also looks like you pasted the code into the reply box. Did you want it to show up on every post? If so, you need to add it to your signature, instructions are posted higher in this thread.
  • annesul
    Options
    thanks for the help, I think I have it now..... Lets see
  • annesul
    Options
    Brilliant!!!! Thanks for the help.
  • blankiefinder
    Options
    There you go!!
  • cathyfigueroa
    Options
    This is so funny everyone is getting it but me what did I start I'm going to try now cross your fingers and say a pray:)
  • cathyfigueroa
    Options
    I tryed.. can't do it something is wrong. I can copy but it won't show a paste to put it in the box below I've been working on this for well all day and I have a education if you can believe that..I think I'm going to cry thanks for all your help
  • blankiefinder
    Options
    Cathy, are you literally trying to post it below your posts? You need to set up your signature by scrolling up to the top of this post and look for the line that says Home, Recent Posts, My Topics, Signature, Search. Click on Signature. Paste it into the box there. Click Save Changes.
  • blankiefinder
    Options
    Cathy, you did it! Way to go!