Has anyone tried Tracy Anderson's dvds?

Options
2»

Replies

• jenniferbehen
    jenniferbehen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Can someone explain to me where they are getting the under 1,000 Calories or less on her method? Perhaps I am missing something. I agree that 700 cals=starvation mode, but I am just starting her hipcentric/metamorphosis program tomorrow and plugged all the first weeks meals into MFP and came up with 1,204 calories. I don't want to be unhealthy....am I missing something?
  • bookdeity
    bookdeity Posts: 37
    Options
    I just bought the Mat & dance workout DVD's so those should be coming in this week. We'll see how it works out!
  • Sallybally55
    Sallybally55 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've done her post pregnancy workout (even though I'm not post pregnancy or any pregnancy) as it was a more managable cost than the full program and I do enjoy it. I'm not able to do the "dance cardio" section of it as my downstairs neighbor doesn't appreciate the jumping around (don't blame him).
  • bookdeity
    Options
    I've tried the Mat DVD a few times and it's good. I have a hard time making it through all the reps without pausing, but I'm guessing that's the point,. :wink: to work up to doing all of it without needing to relax for a minute. I like that I feel like I got a full body workout and my heart rate up without it being a high impact workout. I burn about 500 calories for the whole video.

I just tried the Dance Cardio DVD tonight and really like it! I got through learning combos 1 & 2 and only did combo 1 full speed for the full song. That alone took me about an hour and burned about 650 calories. It was not at all what I expected, which was kind of an aerobic jazzercize class, just moving the whole time. But it was more like how I used to do dance auditions or practices for musicals.